Position: Instructional Designer
Duration: 4+ Months Contract (Extension possibilities)
Location: 4228 W 35th Place, Chicago IL 60632
- Responsible for analyzing, prescribing, and designing appropriate learning solutions employing instructional technologies and methodologies including but not restricted to computer-based training (CBT), instructor led training (ILT) (virtual and classroom), electronic performance support (eps) (on-line and paper-based references), and video for the training and qualifications Illinois utility employees and contractors.
- Develops and update training documentation as needed to ensure compliance with regulations, meet safety and operational needs, and meets or exceeds industry standards.
- Develop instructional materials such as lesson plans, handouts, or examinations.
- Edit instructional materials, such as books, simulation exercises, lesson plans, instructor guides, and tests.
- Assess effectiveness and efficiency of instruction according to ease of instructional technology use and student learning, knowledge transfer, and satisfaction.
- Analyze performance data to determine effectiveness of instructional systems, courses, or instructional material.
- Research and evaluate emerging instructional technologies and methods.
- Recommend changes to curricula or delivery methods, based on information such as instructional effectiveness data, current or future performance requirements, feasibility, and costs.
- Analyze evaluation data to determine effectiveness of training and drive changes to training material and course design.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred, In Instructional Design, Adult Education, Or Any Technical Based Discipline
- 5 years’ experience in teaching/training
- 3+ years Demonstrated time management, planning, and organizational skills, such as needed in project management
- 3+ years Demonstrated experience creating presentations, guides or procedures using Microsoft Office Products (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) for the development of training materials
- 3+ years Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal and written communication, organization and leadership skills
- 3+ years Strong working knowledge of designing and implementing learning programs