Human Resourced Director
Imperial Realty Company
Imperial Realty Company is a family-owned commercial real estate company headquartered on the northwest side of Chicago. Crain's Chicago Business ranks us as the 11th largest Commercial Property Management Company in Chicago. Our portfolio consists of office buildings, shopping centers, industrial buildings and self-storage facilities. Imperial seeks a self-motivated and experienced Human Resources Director to join our busy and growing team of approximately 100 employees.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including medical, vision, and dental insurance and, 401(k) plan. Our office is located on the North side of Chicago with easy access to the Eden’s Expressway. If interested in a challenging work environment and the opportunity for long-term career growth, we look forward to hearing from you by submitting a cover letter with salary requirement and resume.
· Recruit, document and process all new hires, including resume search, initial screening, phone screening, interviewing, documentation, application, background checks and benefits orientation. Must demonstrate excellent hiring abilities and have a list of job candidates.
· Administer benefits plans, including health, dental, vision and 401k Plan.
· Maint a in and upd ate c o m p an y p o li c i es a n d proc e d u res.
· Effective management of employee relations issues in coordination with Ownership .
· Send out notifications, changes, and updates to company policies to staff as requested.
· Create and maintain employee personnel and payroll records and files. Process wage changes and unemployment claims.
· Explain Company policies and procedures, paperwork administration processes to employees.
· Create daily/weekly/monthly reports as requested by Senior Management.
· Send HR documents/forms or administrative paperwork to employees as requested. Track, follow-up and otherwise administer vacation and sick/personal days.
· Document all potential employees' disputes or problems.
· Be knowledgeable of state and federal employment laws and guidelines.
· Track, coordinate and perform employee evaluations.
· Administer the annual award and the annual attendance award.
· Assist with the holiday bonus program.
· Coordinate and assist with the orientation and training of new hires.
· Meet with new hires at prescribed intervals during their first year of employment.
· Assist with the documenting and processing of workman compensation claims.
· Assist with or administer IRC's mobile phone program.
· Be able to utilize the GPS phone tracking system when required.
· Calculate overtime for maintenance staff and oversee maintenance staff comp time.
· Provide fuel calculations and adjustments for employees with fuel subsidies.
· Be responsible for employee separation, including exit interviews, collection of IRC property and calculation of final paychecks.
· Maintain the required workplace posters.
· Be able to write excellent letters and correspondence.
· Provide the required record keeping and documentation required by law. Be proficient with Outlook, Word and Excel software.
· Special projects or tasks as assigned (i.e., creation of employee database in excel, improve HR document management system).
· Other duties, as assigned.
Excellent Reviews include:
· Proven record of hiring high quality and successful staff members to join the Imperial team.
· Resolve inter-office conflict between employees and departments.
· Professionalizing and modernizing the Human Resources Department
· Improve Employee moral
· Implement a successful employee evaluation program.