PEAK Technical Staffing USA
responsible for ensuring proper quality materials are available to meet the need of the production plan in the lowest total delivered cost possible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely deliveries of raw materials to manufacturing plant. Utilize MRP system to forecast material requirements. Monitor events in supply chain to forecast prices of key raw materials.
- Build, develop, and manage professional partnerships with key suppliers to create a program based on availability, cost, quality, service and reliability. Ensure vendor complies with delivery & quality requirements.
- Keep daily communications with purchasing and production teams to ensure that materials are sourced and delivered based on production needs. Also cooperates with supervisors / managers in logistics, maintenance, safety, and quality departments when needed.
Qualification / Knowledge and Skills:
- Education/Training/Work Experience:
Prefer Bachelors Degree or equivalent, but will train with Associates and some related experience/training
- Experience in supplier management, price negotiations, cost reduction and inventory control; Microsoft Office, MRP systems experience. Must have excellent communications skills including negotiations experience.
- Must read and speak English
- Computer literate – must be familiar with Excel, E-mail, PC and various programs
- Buy based on buyer negotiations
- Identify sourcing opportunities based on spend through the buyer-assisted process
- Send all new purchase orders to vendors
- Provide feedback to strategic buyer on supplier performance for new or expired contract negotiations
- Performing all buyer functions within delegated or assigned authority
- Creating purchase orders and stock transfer orders from purchase requisitions
- Develop new suppliers where current suppliers are
- Initiate purchase orders for required product based upon inventory levels
- Analyze past buyer trends, sales records, price and quality of merchandise to determine value and yield
- Develop strategic supplier relationships with suppliers
- Assist category buying director in leading the development of the category buying strategy and vision for retail stores and website across multiple product types
- Informing buying staff of new opportunities or issues
- Sent from a buyer to a BA for processing into internal systems
- Setting up purchase orders for new programs
- Execute delivery commitments through purchase orders and work orders
- Execute sales margin and inventory plans
- Ensuring stores remain in stock on seasonal product
- Lead and develop the purchasing/buyer team
- Support projects to streamline the Procurement process
- Develop and maintain a buying network