Semi Truck Driver/Warehouse Associate
Munch's Supply LLC
Ever dream of doing work that makes a difference? Here it is! We seek the talent of dynamic CDL Class A Semi Truck Drivers who seeks to bring their “A” game to a collaborative team of talented colleagues to help launch a new facility and provide a more seamless fulfillment experience to support our business as we continue to grow.
As the Semi-truck Driver/Warehouse Associate, you will :
- Hold a current and valid Class A CDL license.
- Deliver locally and be home every night .
- Be responsible for the delivery of merchandise to and from customers, vendors, and other branches or locations, as directed, with the use of a company vehicle.
- Be responsible for safe, timely, accurate, and efficient product deliveries.
- Deliver and transfer merchandise to and from customers, vendors, Munch branch locations, or other locations as directed by their supervisor.
- Be responsible for following all procedures associated with deliveries, including but not limited to Innovo Deliver app, driver logs, GPS tracking, gas receipts, boiler check sheets, invoicing, collection of funds, accident / incident / injury reporting, customer product returns and return authorization forms, check guarantee processing, etc.
- Accurately check all products as loaded and/or unloaded by the driver against the paperwork associated with the delivery.
- Process, handle, ship, receive, transfer, stock, pick, and pull products for customers and vendors for all incoming or outgoing merchandise and freight.
- Work in all departments within the warehouse related to product incoming and outgoing tasks when you are between deliveries.
- Responsible for general warehouse work as directed, including working in any and all departments within the warehouse relating to incoming or outgoing product.
- Assists shipping, receiving, transfers, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to packing slips.
- Be responsible for excellence in customer service, the proper use of company tools, vehicles, and equipment, as well as adhering to all safety policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Let’s unpack this – Who are we?
Founded in 1956, Munch's Supply is the exclusive distributor for Trane and American Standard HVAC products in Northern Illinois, Northwest Indiana and the lower peninsula of Michigan. Exceptional quality, outstanding customer service and competitive pricing have helped make the company a premier wholesaler for almost 65 years and one of the top 10 HVAC distributors nationwide. We are looking for a go-getter who is ready to “roll up your sleeves” and get things done. We offer a bright future due to our amazing growth. We are on a roll, and there is no stopping us now!
With almost 1000 employees across the Midwest, New England, and the Canadian Province of Ontario, we operate in 16 states with over 50 branches. Our commitment to service extends to our communities as well. We proudly represent products from more than 100 leading industry manufacturers with 10,000 SKUs in our full assortment. Our commitment to service also extends to our communities. In addition to an annual food drive at our branches each fall, we are also a proud supporter of St. Jude Children's Hospital. Each year, employees and their families participate in the St. Jude Walk/Run to end childhood cancer. Working as a team, in 2020, Munch's raised almost $10,000—finishing in the top 10 fundraising teams in Chicago.
What’s in it for you?
A nice competitive salary for sure! You will work a Monday to Friday schedule and be home every night. On your first day, you will be eligible for a host of health benefits that include medical, vision, dental, accident and critical illness insurance and life with AD&D insurance. We also offer short and long-term disability, as well as voluntary life & AD&D coverage for yourself, spouse and children. Eligibility for the company's retirement savings plan (401k) begins on the first of the month following 60 days of employment. And, if that is not enough, you will accrue paid time off and vacation at a rate equal to 2 weeks in your first year alone. You will have paid holidays, a great employee discount, employee assistance program, casual dress code, company-paid clothing program, flexible work hours, summer work hours, and much more!
Minimum Job Requirements
- High School diploma or its GED equivalent
- 1-2 years’ experience with driving, warehousing, and related functions.
- Valid Class A CDL license.
- Satisfactory DMV report plus driver insurability.
- Valid minimum 1-year DOT certification and state driver’s license.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to safely operate warehouse equipment such as Big Joe, 2 wheel and 4-wheel carts, pallet jacks, other carts using required safety gear
- High degree of personal ethics, customer service, and commitment to safety.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications as needed to satisfactorily perform work assignments – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint as well as have the ability to learn company enterprise systems as needed – Solar Eclipse, etc.
- Must be organized, able to prioritize, set and keep deadlines, change direction quickly, and adapt to various work environments easily.
- Must be able to work independently and at times discreetly, use sound judgment, and make thoughtful decisions in a timely manner.
- Must be able to communicate well interpersonally, written, and in group settings as well as follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to work effectively in group settings through collaborative, solutions oriented, and win-win approaches.
- Must be able to understand and abide by company policies and procedures.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- 2-5 years’ experience with driving, warehousing, and related functions.
- 2-5 years operating a 53’ tractor trailer.
We provide equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, age, race, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identification, physical or mental disability, or any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States.
We’re only a click away. Apply today. Come see what we’re all about! This is a full-time permanent position just waiting for you! We provide confidential, discreet review on all inquiries.Apply