Commercial Real Estate Paralegal
National law firm has an opening for an experienced commercial real estate paralegal. We are looking for experienced candidates with at least 5 years of current experience, large law firm experience is desired. In this position, you will assist attorneys in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including documentation, due diligence, development and entitlements, closing and post-closing activities for real estate acquisitions, dispositions, and leasing. You will be a member of the firm’s Real Estate department, reporting to the attorneys on your team.
- Order and review title commitments, exception documents and surveys, interfacing directly with the title company, surveyor and overseeing attorney to resolve any issues or discrepancies.
- Prepare and administer contract critical dates and closing checklists.
- Track and assist overseeing attorney with review of due diligence and entitlement documents such as zoning analyses, traffic studies, noise studies, environmental assessments and permits.
- Participate in conference calls with clients, developers and landlords.
- Coordinate and assist with all aspects of closings, including preparation of conveyance documents, closing statements, and other closing documents.
- Attend to all post-closing requirements, which will require you to prepare closing indices, prepare and organize closing binders, and monitor all post-closing deliveries and requirements
- Prepare clear and concise correspondence and memorandum
- Prepare initial draft document, amendments to agreements or leases and miscellaneous documents, including estoppel certificates, SNDAs and Memos of Lease for attorney review.
- Review organizational and authority documents
- Order UCC Lein and other searches
What you need to have:
- 5 years of experience in commercial real estate transactions, including experience with acquisitions, dispositions, and leasing.
- Law firm and in-house experience will be considered (prior experience as a paralegal is desired, but prior relevant real estate experience will also be considered).
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook or similar mail. calendar technology.
- Strong writing, organizational and communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and legal terminology
Firm offers great benefits and competitive salary. Send your resume today for immediate interviews.Apply