Construction Estimator - Chicago, IL
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
My client is looking to strengthen their estimating team by adding an experienced construction Estimator who can has experience with lump sum bids and conceputal estimating. With this opening comes a large amount of growth within the position and an opportunity for a Senior Estimator position.
- Founded in 2005 - my client is a full service design/build general contractor, based in downtown, completing projects ranging from $5M-$30MM across a multitude of industries including: multi-family, commercial, light industrial, office, interiors, etc. etc.
- HC in Chicago: 55
- Revenue before COVID was $125M, but they took a hit and are now back down to 70M. 3 year plan is to get back to $200M
- 2021: 70M / 2022: $125M / 2023: $200M
- Largest sector right now is multi-family with 30% of their business, but the remaining 70% is across split across the above sectors
- Brand new office based in West Loop - flexible working will be coming up in the next couple months where they can spend 1 day per week at home
- Very active on LinkedIn and their Website for keeping their projects uptodate - projects typically range from $5M-$30M
- Initiates subcontractor solicitations and quality discussions with subcontractors to gain detailed knowledge of portion of work
- Prepares bid packages; involved comparison and analysis of competitive subcontractor and supplier bids
- Determine labor and equipment costs
- Perform accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing
- Understand project logistics and project schedule
- Prepare bid packages.
- Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids
- Review quotes and estimates with the Project Management Team
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, etc.)
- Assist with certain post-bid buyouts
- 5 years of experience or College Degree with 3 years of experience
- Experience estimating projects over $30M
- Understanding of all applicable estimating software (HCSS, Bluebeam, and Excel are all recommended)
- Extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles
- Well organized, flexible, detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines while constantly changing tasks and demands
- Able to work independently without much supervision and able to work well with a team of estimators
- Effective presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communicator
- Salary depending on experience
- 15-20 days of PTO
- 9-12 company holidays
- 75%-100% Medical Benefits
- 401k Plan with company match
- Car allowance/company vehicle
- Cell phone and laptop provided
- Referral bonus
- End of year bonus
- Life insurance policy
- Generous maternity & paternity leave
- End of year celebrations