OST Security Officer
Metropolitan Family Services
Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 96,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are now hiring for part-time Out of School Time Security Officer to join our Midway Team!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reports acts of trespassing, vandalism, and loitering to supervisory staff.
- Checks doors and windows to ensure they are properly secured.
- Monitors schools entrances to prevent unauthorized entry to building.
- Patrols hallways and lavatories within building to ensure only authorized persons are allowed access and to prevent vandalism.
- Monitors lunchroom areas to maintain order among students and to prevent vandalism.
May assist in the supervision of students on school buses and in school in order to maintain discipline and order.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous work experience in safety and security preferred.
- Knowledge of basic methods of providing site security and safety.
- Knowledge of basic safety rules and procedures.
- Ability to exercise good judgment when responding to safety and security violations and emergencies.
- Ability to work with school aged children in enforcing safety rules and procedures.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Good oral communication skills, good human relations and interpersonal skills.
- MFS staff are required to provide proof of vaccination or have an approved Medical or Religious exemption prior to starting employment. If an approved Medical or Religious exemption is obtained, weekly testing is required.
- Light Work: Exerting up to twenty (20) pound of force occasionally, or up to ten (10) pounds of force frequently, or a negotiable amount of force frequently to move objects.
- Even though weight of force moved may be only a negotiable amount, a position should be rated as Light Work (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing or pulling of arm controls.