Director of Security
In conjunction with key corporate representatives, and the Property Manager of the complex, the Director of Security will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing security programs designed to protect residents, employees, guests, physical property and proprietary information, while ensuring continuity of operations to meet our fiscal responsibilities.
These duties are performed in compliance with all company policies and procedures and in accordance with all applicable Fair Housing/Human Rights statutes, plus city and state Building Codes.
- Oversight and evaluating the contract security force
- Setting proper security coverage schedules and routines
- Analyzing incident reports and recommending changes as needed based on those reports
- Maintaining and maximizing use of security technology: cameras, lighting, sound alarms, etc. to ensure proper site control & recommend changes/enhancements as needed
- Interfacing with the police to:
- Enhance crime prevention
- Focus on "hot spots" and/or suspicious units
- Undertake surveillance as needed, i.e. use of vacant units, special cameras, etc.
- Coordinate with tactical drug and gang units as needed to deal with entrenched issues
- Build cases for arrests and evictions
- Seek extra police patrols as needed
- Answer questions and provide materials (video footage, etc.) when crimes do occur
- Interfacing with the rest of the management team and resident population to:
- Build trust and mutual respect
- Enforce house rules
- Build a sense of community involvement and pride in property
- Identify sources of and stamp out unacceptable behavior
- Resolve disputes among residents
- Compile and ensure enforcement of a strict banned list
- Implement and ensure enforcement of a guest policy
- Minimum 3 years management in Loss Prevention/Security Management role. Law enforcement management experience will also be considered.
- Knowledge of security, life safety, and emergency response best practices. Senior level security or law enforcement experience is preferred.
- Strong communications and relationship management ability to be able to foster relationships with tenants, local enforcement, first responders, and other partners.
- Understanding of commercial security operations; organization, supervision, training, and limits of authority for security personnel.
- Experience in preparing Standard Operation Procedures and emergency procedures.
- Ability to efficiently handle several priorities simultaneously.
- Ability coach and instruct employees, tenants, and property managers in security and life safety policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements, codes and issues, as well as building codes pertaining to the management of commercial real estate.
- Relevant certifications in life safety, law enforcement, and security.
Please note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Related employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Related Management Company is the owner and operator of a premier portfolio of assets valued at over Sixty billion. Our operating portfolio consists of a diversified mix of properties including luxury rental buildings, retail and commercial space, luxury condominium residences, affordable, and workforce housing located throughout the United States.
As the owner and developer for the majority of the RMC portfolio, we have ensured that our buildings are the best assets in their respective submarkets. We provide a diligently maintained property management platform with dedicated professionals who consistently exceeds our residents' and commercial tenants' expectations. Our dedication to providing the highest and most personalized level of service is one of the hallmarks of the company and a key differentiator in the market. For more please visit www.Related.com .
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer