Substitute Teachers and Assistants - Acero Schools Chicago
Parallel Employment Group
Do you have a passion for education and love engaging children? Have you wondered if a career in teaching would be the right choice for you? Do you want to work in a positive, friendly environment that will help kids learn, laugh, and grow? If so, look no further! Now is your chance to take control of your future and make a difference in our local community!
Parallel Education is hiring BOTH Substitute Teachers and Teacher Assistants for the current 2021-2022 academic school year to partner with our Community Acero Schools in Chicago! In this position, you will take over for full-time teachers and teacher aides in their absences, carrying out the lesson plans and ensuring students have a fulfilling classroom experience. The ideal candidates will have prior teaching experience and the ability to lead the class in an orderly fashion. The most successful substitutes can count on consistent work throughout the district.
Flexible scheduling is available with full-time or part-time hours. You can even create your own schedule!
- Shift: 1st shift range - 7am to 4pm
- Competitive Wages - Incentives for Teachers in Long Term!
- Employee Driven Full-Time Opportunity with Reasonable Assurance! Work when school is in session and enjoy breaks when school is out of session!
Job Description Responsibilities:
The roles and responsibilities of the Substitute Teacher includes (but not limited to):
- Maintain schedule availability to accept opportunities that arise
- Execute lesson plans consistent with the teacher's guidelines, and school curriculum
- Uphold an orderly classroom environment and provide a positive learning experience
- Familiarize yourself with emergency protocols, such as fire drills and lockdowns
- Adhere to all company and school policies and procedures
- Take attendance according to school procedure
- Assign homework according to teacher's lesson plans
- Supplement lesson plans with your own class activities if lessons end early
- Create and maintain discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and productive learning environment in accordance with school policies
Take advantage of Substitute Teaching as a stepping stone to further your career! Many of our schools offer direct hire for full-time permanent placement teaching positions. Choose from hundreds of open jobs 24/7 using our online system or utilize our live dispatch center operating under extended business hours.
- Benefits offered for eligible employees
- Weekly electronic pay
- Referral bonuses
- Flexible scheduling - work only during school hours! No Weekends! No Holidays!
Don't have a know where to start? NO PROBLEM! Our local representatives are here to guide you.
As a Substitute with Parallel Education, you will enjoy meaningful work with a dynamic company that strives towards excellence in education and learning. We look forward to having you join our team!
Parallel Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Parallel Education is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Parallel are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by federal/state laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Parallel will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Associates degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or show completion of 60 semester hours of coursework
- Copies of your College Transcripts
- Criminal History Background Screening
- Substitute Teaching Certificate, Short Term License or Teaching License issued by the State of Illinois
- Physician Examination and/or statement of good health, maintained every 2 years
- State required COVID vaccination or Weekly Covid Testing (Please note this is not a company requirement, but a requirement currently instituted by the Governor of the State of Illinois)