Senior Air Export Gateway Coordinator
Position Description Summary:
Responsible for ensuring legal compliance and providing export administration and control within government rules and regulations, including appropriate licensing for shipments.
Review contracts for required clauses and identify omissions.
Provide customer support at the desk level to all internal and external customers, vendors, suppliers, agents and government agencies to ensure coordination and logistics of shipment.
Select carrier to be used for shipment and prepare documents for carrier.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.
- Prepare spot price quotations for branch air export departments upon request
- Route and book air export traffic
- Communicate daily with branch air export staff to resolve shipment discrepancies
- Prepare gateway consolidation files
- Initiate, prepare, process and assemble all required airline documentation for a consolidation
- Consolidate cargo to achieve the best net cost and benefit to the company (ULD building, Density and volume mix etc')
- Rate airline MAWBs correctly taking advantage of special contracts.
- Manage work load to ensure readiness and delivery of cargo and documentation to the airline by the flight cutoff
- Perform track and trace functions and update files with events and 'flown as booked' information
- Initiate airline claim process for damaged and lost cargo as needed
- Negotiate spot rates with airlines
- Help research and resolve operational problems
- Assist management in maintaining flight / consolidation schedule
- Assist management in file reconciliation process
- Understand company accounting principles and job costing
- Monitor and maintain allocations with airline partners
- Assist in training of new or less experienced gateway staff members
- Display leadership skills and lead by example to foster positive environment and relationships with branch air export departments
- Other duties as assigned The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is a senior level position.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Generally prefer 3-6 years of experience .
Good interpersonal skills required.
Knowledge of Word and Excel.
Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards.
Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval Benefits Benefits MedicalWe offer a number of plans for a variety of health care services and supplies, including preventative care, inpatient and outpatient services and prescription drugs.
VisionThe option for separate vision coverage for eye exams, frames, and contact lenses.
DentalThe option for separate dental coverage to cover preventative major and basic dental services.
401(k)The company offers a pre-tax 401(k) contribution plan with a company match.
Direct DepositWe offer direct deposit to all employees.
HolidaysOn a calendar year basis, the Company pays all employees 6 major holidays, including New Year's Days, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, plus 4 floating holidays.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world.
A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference.
With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity