Prin Project Manager
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Manage complex transmission, substation, and distribution projects consisting of cross-functional teams involving multiple engineering disciplines and multiple construction areas including contract resources. Responsible for managing the scope, schedule, budget and safety performance of multiple construction projects and programs. Leads project teams through business case / capital approval process, development and execution of project plans and project closeout. These projects have budgets that will typically range from $1million to $60 million. Also, may manage high profile non-construction projects with direct accountability for project execution while leading a team to accomplish project objectives within a given time frame and with limited resources.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manages large and/or highly complex and often unique projects requiring application of established project management principles and techniques. ; Directly accountable to deliver project on time and at or below budget.
- Key interface for external customer work involving transmission and substation projects including presentation of; billable costs to the customer and negotiating schedules.
- Collaborate with other project managers, work management, and functional managers to assure optimal utilization of resources.
- Primary communicator with the project sponsor and key stakeholders on project issues including executive level presentations.
- Acquire and manage contract resources by participating in the contractor selection process, prepare contact requisitions, approve change orders and contract payment authorizations and evaluate contractor performance.
- Acquire zoning variations and permits for large projects by presenting project details to city zoning boards and public hearings.
- Lead and coach team members to improve performance and meet or exceed expectations. ; Mentor less experienced colleagues.
- Perform backup role for Manager Project Management.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field and 8 - 10 years project management or related experience, OR High School Diploma and at least 12 years project management or related experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or achieve PMP within two years of job entry
- At least 5 years of management / supervisory experience, or demonstrated proficiency and experience managing large, complex projects using project management techniques including:
- Planning and Control (product /work breakdown structures, critical path analysis, scope control techniques)
- Issue and Risk Management (identification, assessment and management of project risks including contingency plans)
- Project Management Tools (methods and techniques for planning, scheduling, resource balancing, monitoring cost)
- Business Case Development (cost/benefit evaluations including net present value analysis)
- Progress Reporting (cost/schedule curves, project status report, earned value analysis)
- Proven leadership ability in a high performance culture
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, communicate effectively, engage others in the required processes, and hold people accountable
- Valid driver's license and access to an automobile
- Master's degree in engineering (or advanced technical degree) or Business Administration
- Professional Engineer License
- Experience or knowledge of the specific functional area or discipline (e.g., Utility design, planning or construction experience)
The Project Manager is an individual contributor accountable for project budgets, team performance and developing strategic plans to implement projects for various organizations. Responsibilities also include managing scope, budget and schedule to within approved parameters and providing structured and detailed reports to the appropriate Management team. Tasks include but are not limited to, ensuring the completion of business cases, budgetary approvals, project scheduling, design and engineering tasks, vegetation management reviews, project reporting, project financial analysis, major equipment procurement, environmental analysis, obtaining real estate and relationship management with large customers, vendors, townships and regulatory agencies. Interacts routinely with key internal and external stakeholders including senior management, energy delivery's largest customers, and governmental and regulatory officials. Under little to no supervision, manages multiple projects of complex, large scope and budget. May manage a total portfolio of active projects or annual programs of complex, large scope and budget.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster