Specialist, Contract Utilization
Chicago Transit Authority
Under general supervision, assists in the analysis and prediction of contract utilization for stock and non-stock goods and services. Recommends new contracts and adjustments to existing contracts based on utilization analyses and changes in demand.
- Coordinates and maintains Central File and departmental records inventories, retention schedules and records storage equipment.
- Maintains records center database.
- Develops and maintains Colorbar labeling program for purchase orders and contracts for accuracy and organization to ensure easier access when retrieving records.
- Coordinates the activities involved with government and/or CTA mandated policies/regulations on the storage, retrieval, maintenance and disposal of Authority files and documents.
- Performs data analysis and provides recommendations for Authority personnel and the Procurement Department.
- Assists with the analysis and prediction of contract utilization for stock and non-stock goods and services.
- Identifies and analyzes data on past and anticipated expenditure trends.
- Assists Procurement personnel in monitoring all contracts for non-stock goods and services to ensure all expenditures are within contract scope and budget.
- Performs administrative support functions for the Authority’s Purchasing and Supply Chain operations.
- Conducts public bid openings using electronic bidding software platform as required.
- Prepares advertising letters for publication in local newspaper, drafts and sends communications to registered vendors, and scans and uploads contract solicitation documents to the electronic bidding software platform.
- Creates, compiles, and organizes contract files according to auditing best practices.
- Coordinates with Authority user departments in executing Procurement and/or Supply Chain processes.
- Works with Maintenance and Supply Chain personnel and third party contractors to ensure the timely delivery of goods and services necessary to keep revenue vehicles in operation.
- Provides assistance to Authority user departments in entering and processing procurement requests. Facilitates ordering and payment transactions on behalf of department.
- Assists Procurement personnel in gathering and maintaining information used for reporting as well as special projects as required.
- Manages Authority’s vendor registration database to ensure data maintenance, data integrity, and provides data reporting relative to the information stored within the database. Ensures database communicates properly with other Authority systems and databases.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Reporting to this position are the following jobs:
• Keeping abreast of contract processes and procedures, and the Authority’s use of the tools and materials procured.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field, plus two (2) years of experience in purchasing or supply chain computerized inventory systems, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Requires sitting for extended periods of time, standing, visual acumen, manual dexterity, and fingering for working with computer keyboards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Working knowledge of Oracle’s ERP system.
• Working knowledge of the principles and practices of basic public purchasing and contract administration.
• Working knowledge of budget monitoring practices.
• Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to express oneself in a clear, logical, and comprehensive manner.
• Ability to analyze complex inventory problems, evaluate alternatives, and reach sound decisions.
• Ability to maintain organized and accurate records and data.
• Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and other written materials.
• Ability to develop and monitor databases and electronic data files.
• General office environment.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, AND MATERIALS UTILIZED
• Standard office equipment.
• Personal computer and related software.
Please note, employees and/or union members will be given priority consideration in the hiring process, per the applicable labor contracts.
Final salary will be determined in part by the qualifications of the selected candidate and may be higher or lower than target.
Applicants, if hired,must comply with CTA's residency ordinance.
CTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, unfavorable military discharge, disability or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws; except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our workforce and supporting the communities we serve. CTA will make reasonable accommodations for the known disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants for employment as well as its employees, unless undue hardship would result. If you require an accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] prior to the submission of your application or upon notification of your actual test date. CTA will work with you to determine if an accommodation can be provided.