Project Manager/Sr. Consultant
Ref ID: 01300-0011986353
Classification: Project Manager/Sr. Consultant
Compensation: $61.75 to $71.50 hourly
This position requires an experienced Project Manager/ Sr. Consultant. Apply with Robert Half today for this Senior Project Manager role, working onsite with a client in the Chicago, Illinois area. This position is responsible for managing projects to successful completion, ensuring that projects deliver on time, on budget, and in accordance with standards and guidelines over the entire project. You will be managing key projects as part of our client's strategic business plan. If you can ensure that changes are delivered to the expectations of stakeholders, you'll do well in this job. Submit an application today! If you're looking for an opportunity in the Financial Services field, you might be interested in this long-term contract / temporary to hire position.
How you will make an impact
- Collaborates with the Product Owner/Product Manager to turn the product roadmap into executable projects
- Ensures that the functional requirements are tracked, achievable, and met
- Be instrumental in managing dependencies among cross-product teams
- Convenes material from technical leads, business analysts, and QA leads into advice
- Leads project planning
- Indexes and executes the sprint planning and grooming meetings and traces ticket assignments
- Sets out the RACI matrix for projects in a product line
- Engages and communicates with designers, technical team members, developers, and stakeholders
- Directs deployment scheduling in coordination with tech lead, Dev Ops, and Product Owner- Support the team focus on the on-time delivery of agreed products
- Sets out project with right ticket workflows and boards
- Advances to manage, identify, and classify risk for functional improvement requests
- Work closely together with the Product Specialist, Product Owner/Product Manager, Business Analyst, and QA Manager
- Supports the daily stand-ups, guaranteeing their are focused, brief, and timely
- Functions as Scrum Master for the developers on the team - clearing obstacles, ensuring the team is working effectively, and leading scrum ceremonies
- Assigns schedules and milestones with inputs from all other teams assigned to that product, manages project scope and timelines
- Supplies detailed reporting to management on risk assessments, milestone completion, and project status
- Strong communication and social skills and able to receive criticism well
- Core Infrastructure experience
- PMO (project management office) experience desired
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant Project Management experience
- You might be a good fit for this position if you have proficiency using commonly accepted scheduling and project management tools
- Able to work independently with a minimal amount of oversight
- The person in this position should be familiar and comfortable with IT project management methodologies
- Be able to adapt and thrive in constantly changing environments
- Prior success in project management, supervisory leadership, and operational management
- Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Candidates with a Project Management (PMP) certification will be the best fit for this position.
- Creative problem solver who anticipates risks and opportunities and maintains a vision for continuous improvement
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.