Creative Financial Staffing
About the Company and Opportunity:
• Our client is a leading chemical manufacturing company in the Northern suburbs, looking to add an Staff Accountant to their team.
• If you are looking to work for a stable, financially secure company, this is the company for you. The Staff Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager.
• They offer excellent benefits, including 401K match, healthcare, and work/life balance. Overview of the Staff Accountant:
• Completes monthly close responsibilities including journal entries, bank and account reconciliations, and month-end accruals
• Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Sales/Use Tax analysis and Filing
• Creates supporting accounting reports while adhering to error-free data integrity
• Assists in the timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial statements, ensuring deadlines are met
• Prepares accurate and timely schedules for internal and external audits
• Identifies, proposes and implements process improvements or accounting changes to simplify or streamline the process and ensure accuracy in accounting
• Provides input into department's goal setting process
• Prepares, interprets and presents complex ad-hoc reports and analysis as delegated by management.
• Leads and/or assists accounting projects designed to improve efficiency and quality
• Manages project resources, risks and actions to ensure that goals and deadlines of the project are met Preferred Qualifications for Staff Accountant:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• 2 years minimum as Staff Accountant, maximum 6 years total experience
• Hands-on experience with monthly close processes
• Variance Analysis
• Advanced abilities in Excel
• Financial ERP system experience
• Working GAAP knowledge
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles