Lab Technician - Immediate Opening
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for Laboratory functions that may include component production, labeling, maintenance of records, and data entry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Is responsible for bringing compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Prepares all blood components including centrifugation, separation, freezing, thawing, washing, storage, sterile docking, transformation, and filtration. Assures product quality, volume, assay requirements, appearance and time requirements.
- Maintains accurate records and computer entry for component production.
- Performs receipt of freshly drawn units and samples, and unpacks, evaluates, and routes samples for accessioning.
- Performs labeling of routine and special components and quarantine of unacceptable components.
- Maintains equipment and work areas as assigned.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
High School graduate or GED required.
No experience required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong communication, organization, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to maintain donor, patient and employee confidentiality.
- Must possess basic keyboarding skills and the ability to handle and operate laboratory equipment.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and overtime when necessary.