SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Vascular Lab Technologist performs non-invasive vascular studies including but not limited to renal, arterial, duplex and arterial Doppler physiologic testing, carotid, trans cranial, pseudo aneurysms, venous, venous reflux, venous radio frequency ablation (RFA) guidance and intra operative surgery scanning. Provides related clerical responsibilities necessary for physician interpretation and department record keeping. Provides competent and proficient technical skills in the performance of STAT and routine vascular procedures implementing procedural standards and protocols. Provides patient care specific to procedural requirements and patient’s needs (under the supervision of the lab’s medical director) within established departmental protocols. Maintains an organized, safe and efficient work environment. Participates in the department QA program/accreditation process. Provides training assistance to new employees as well as participates in maintaining professional growth, self-development objectives and skill enhancement.
- High school graduate and equivalent.
- Certificate of Completion or Diploma in Vascular sonography acquired through an accredited (US Department of Education) vascular school.
- Minimum of one year experience in Vascular preferred.
- Current BLS certification.
- Current credentials as a Certified Registered Vascular tech (RVT, RVS). If not registered, successful completion of registry exam CCI or ARDMS must be obtained within one year of hire.