General Labor/Production Worker-2nd Shift-Major Location
Production Worker/General Labor-Pay Rate up to $18.00 per hour
Hours: 2nd shift (12pm to 10pm) Monday through Saturday *hours may vary depending on role*
*Union Benefits, OT after working 8 hours per day, and more!* *Pay rate varies depending on role*
Job Duties Include:
- Contribute to production operations by complying with policies and procedures
- Contribute to a safe and sanitary work environment by complying with establishment procedures and rules
- Prepare and assemble processing equipment for operation. Disassemble and prepare processing equipment for sanitation washing.
- Monitor defect elimination process by following set procedures and operating remote equipment.
- Remove and dispose of meat and grease excess from equipment.
- Dispense an apply ice dry ice (carbon dioxide) to meat rework for preservation of the products.
- Attend to current needs of the process by responding immediately to the expressed orders of the Production Supervisor and/or Group Lead.
- Responsible for the quality of work performed and for identifying and documenting quality problems for corrective action and prevention of non- conforming product.
- This position also looks for defective product and removes it off the line.
- Notify lead or supervisory staff if unusual operations identified.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in production area; maintain a clean and safe work area in compliance with existing policy.
- Comply with organization policies including, but not limited to, safety, good manufacturing practices, food safety, and employment and work rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Regulations may prohibit an employee from performing some of these duties consecutively without a change of clothes and sanitized gloves.
- Standing, walking, and climbing for 8+ hours a day.
- Must be able to handle varying temperatures per department, between 45 - 80+ degrees.
- Work is generally performed within a manufacturing environment subjected to temperatures of cold and warm along with wearing the proper PPE, with standard office equipment available along with plant manufacturing environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands or finger, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, or controls; may be required to lift up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision to a computer screen.
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.