Ref ID: 01313-0011913134
Classification: Logistics Clerk
Compensation: $14.25 to $15.00 hourly
One of Robert Half's clients in the Healthcare/NHS industry is on the lookout for a new Logistics Coordinator. It is important for the chosen Logistics Clerk candidate to understand how to work with clients coordinating shipments. The role needs to perform a heavy amount of data entry and customer service as well. It is also important for the Logistics Clerk to take responsibility for the processing of customer orders, including coordination with vendors and arranging shipments. Apply today and learn more about this exciting role. This long-term contract / temporary employment opportunity is based in the Hoffman Estates, Illinois area.
What you get to do every day
- Follow-up with carriers, as necessary
- Perform various administrative duties
- Approve freight bills and process bills of lading
- Oversee, monitor, and sustain dispatch & progress of orders on time and to meet delivery requirements
- Interact and correlate with inventory and sales management; warehouse; logistics for service changes
- Stick to guidelines for approving carriers
- 2+ years' experience with shipping/logistics
- Accurate, swift, data entry abilities
- Skills that allow for the completion of general office work, the operation of basic office equipment, and the routing of incoming materials to the proper individuals
- We are seeking candidates with experience in purchasing, inventory control, transportation and warehousing functions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a customer service mindset
- Expertise in Warehouse Duties
- Retail experience
- Strong familiarity with Warehouse Inventory
- Warehouse Distribution experience
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.