Senior Buyer/Planner - ServicePLUS
Trelleborg Group HQ - Trelleborg AB
Summary of Role
The ServicePLUS Senior Buyer/Planner acts as an agent of the Company to plan, procure product from direct manufacturers and third party suppliers at terms consistent with our standards of quality and customer schedules. This role has responsibility to plan, manage and align inventory at the ServicePLUS Centers to help the supply chain deliver on-time to meet customer contracts and expectations. Additionally, this role has responsibility to meet inventory and working capital metrics consistent with company goals.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the development of and manage supplier performance and
- Work strategically with suppliers to shorten the supply chain
- Work with sales and to determine appropriate stocking levels for customer programs
- Manage inventory to meet contractual obligations with customers
- Manage inventory to meet company inventory and working capital goals
- Load and manage customer forecasts in the ERP system
- Procure product for re-sale
- Issue purchase orders to suppliers
- Review MRP system demand messages to identify items and quantities requiring replenishment
- Set up vendors and part numbers in ERP system
- Expedite or defer orders as required based on schedule/inventory changes
- Ensure vendor quality, price, and delivery performance meet ServicePLUS objectives and KPI’s
- Process, follow-up, and respond to purchase order priority requests
- Regular reporting KPI’s, goals and objectives
- Fulfill roles on project teams as assigned
- Interact with other TSS departments in a professional manner
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Inventory adjustments and reconciliations
- Communication of early warning notifications between Suppliers and appropriate ServicePLUS Operations Managers/Supervisors
- Other duties may be assigned as required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MBA a plus.
- 7 years experience in purchasing/procurement/inventory planning or supply chain required.
- Experience working with ERP systems required, JD Edwards E1 preferred.
- ISO 9001 and IATF experience a plus.
- NAPM, APICS, TQM or other related certifications are a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize ERP and CRM systems
- Travel - up to 20%
Last Application Date: 2021-09-24
Please right-click the link to open a new tab.