Vice President Supply Chain
Envoy Solutions is a diversified distribution company for janitorial supply, packaging solutions, foodservice disposables and specialty products. Based in Glenview, Ill., Envoy Solutions is the parent company of North American Corporation, WAXIE Sanitary Supply, Southeastern Paper Group and NVISION. Operating as the nation's premier specialty distribution platform, Envoy Solutions works to make buildings cleaner, people safer and operations more productive, every day.
Key leadership position reporting to the Chief Operating Officer of Envoy Solutions. The individual may reside in the metropolitan areas of: San Diego, California, Chicago, Illinois or Spartanburg, South Carolina. Selected candidate will be responsible for oversite of all supply chain activities, such as planning, forecasting, procurement, inventory control, warehousing, transportation, outsourcing, vendor selection, and product distribution. Directs, plans, develops, establishes, and implements organization's supply chain policies, strategies, objectives of functions, and initiatives, keeping in line with organization goals and objectives. Confers with organization officials to plan business objectives, to develop organizational policies, and to coordinate functions.
- Monitors supply chain projects to ensure that they are on time and within budgetary controls.
- Responsible for operations-related real estate, leases and planning for such areas of the company.
- Collaborates with the Operations, Distribution, and Procurement teams to develop effective inventory management and cost reduction procedures.
- Collaborate with the Sales and Marketing teams to capture right customer demand and sales forecast.
- Creates a strong Procurement team to develop vendor management and supply optimization initiatives.
- Monitors the scheduling of deliveries to prevent excess stock or backorders.
- Ensures that departmental and support personnel are focused on continuous improvement of products and processes.
- Directs maintenance of records and data essential to material programs including materials resource planning.
- Promotes alignment by understanding and communicating customer needs and requirements throughout the organization.
- Establishes, analyzes, and coordinates departmental budget estimate, and controls expenditures to administer approved budget.
- Responsible for Employee Health and Safety initiatives across the Company.
- Develop and execute supply chain operations and activities to meet customer demand, ensure quality standards are met and maintained, and optimize revenue generation and profitability.
- Establish, maintain, and engage the team by interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, and mentoring the department’s management team
- Efficiently support customer needs by leading the team in continuous improvement opportunities to minimize inventory and supply chain costs.
- Coordinate innovative logistics strategies ensuring orders are fulfilled in a timely manner, meeting product forecasts and company objectives
- Develops strategic goals for the company pertaining to supply chain objectives that include Supply Chain Planning, capacity planning for network optimization and Procurement.
- Supply Chain Execution including: Program Management for CAPEX related to Material handling equipment, fleet purchases, and select Radio frequency equipment.
- Experience in supporting and conducting ERP Integration.
- Distribution Center Optimization Strategy.
- Experience in Merger and Acquisition support as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- College degree required in business or related courses.
- 5 – 10 years operations, supply chain logistics experience.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience managing people.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in business intelligence / reporting.
- Advanced Microsoft applications experience with reporting tool experience.
- Strong communication skills across all levels of organization.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to present findings to leadership and implement findings across cross-functional peer groups.
This position offers a competitive starting salary and comprehensive benefits program.
Envoy Solutions (and its subsidiaries) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we consider all applicants for employment and employees eligible for employment without regard to race, marital status or civil union status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation and/or any other characteristic protected by law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to our applicants and employees with disabilities in order to assist them in the performance of their essential job functions.
See Job Description