Sales Rep Lab
Medline Industries, Inc.
In a complex healthcare world, Medline strives to help our customers achieve both clinical and financial success. We do that through a personalized approach to listen and better understand our customers%26rsquo; needs in an environment that tirelessly demands lower costs and better outcomes.
We are both a manufacturer and distributor with 1,200 direct sales reps who are dedicated points of contact for customers across the continuum of care. Because of our capabilities and engagement with other clinical and industry thought leaders, we deliver the most robust product portfolio and patient-care solutions to help healthcare providers perform at their very best.
Our responsiveness and commitment to advancing the health of healthcare is evident in our actions every day. This is who we are. This is why customers choose us as their trusted business partner.
With 47 consecutive years of growth, Medline is among Forbes Magazine's list of the 100 Largest Private Companies with more than $7 billion in sales in 2014. As the market leader in many product categories and a growing reputation for innovation, Medline fosters a dynamic, high-performing culture, which is fueled by diverse, dedicated and extraordinary people.
Recently named the number one company as the %26ldquo;Best Place to Work in the medical supplies industry%26rdquo;, according to a newly released survey of more than 1,000 sales representatives conducted by MedReps.com and one of 2012%26rsquo;s %26ldquo;101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for%26rdquo; as well as Becker%26rsquo;s %26ldquo;100 Best Places to Work In Healthcare%26rdquo;, Medline is looking for a talented sales representative who is driven to push the boundaries and can thrive in this exciting culture. At Medline, people come first%26mdash;we seek individuals who care about customers and who can cultivate real, long-standing relationships. We encourage you to apply if you possess an entrepreneurial spirit; have excellent organization and communication skills; and are seeking to be part of a fast-moving industry leader.
We are seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and dedicated individual to join our Laboratory sales team in the Chicago Area. Be a part of one of the fastest growing sales divisions at the largest privately held medical supply manufacturer and distributor. This sales team sells Laboratory Consumables and Capital Equipment. The customers contacted include but are not limited to a variety of customer types in the life science and research space. Customer types include hospitals, research organizations, pharmaceutical and medical device manufactures, tissue and blood banks, research labs and diagnostic / reference labs. The position reports to the senior vice president.
We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working professional with a desire to work for a fast-paced, large corporate organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Calling on various customer types in the hospital, science and research space including contract research organizations, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, tissue and blood banks, research labs and diagnostic / reference laboratories
- Making sales presentations of Laboratory Consumables and Capital Equipment
- Establishing and nurturing customer and manufacturer rep relationships;
- Achieve sales growth goals as established
- Developing a regular call cycle with key decision makers;
- Managing and maintaining existing business, presenting new products to grow business
- Heavy cold calling, targeting / prospecting new account opportunities;
- Manage your territory with an entrepreneurial spirit and franchise mentality
Please be aware that Medline requires all employees starting in this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date. Medline is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s degree and at least 2 years of quota-based sales experience demonstrating a background in cold calling, commissioned, full-cycle sales experience OR at least 5 years of quota-based sales experience demonstrating a background in cold calling, commissioned, full-cycle sales experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Track record of demonstrable sales growth and quota attainment;
- Ability to present multiple product lines;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Stable work history;
- Ability to work independently;
- Computer proficiency especially MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Previous laboratory consumables and capital equipment sales experience preferred
- Due to the nature of an outside sales representative position, the ability to drive a car, travel in that car 90% of each day, and interact with healthcare providers on site is required.
In return, Medline provides established territories, industry- leading training, and career advancement opportunities. Medline also offers a very attractive compensation package including commission, incentives/bonus, car allowance, full benefits including 401(k) with company match and much more! Relocation is not available.