Ref ID: 01300-0011973917
Classification: Legal Secretary
Compensation: $55000.00 to $75000.00 yearly
Robert Half Legal is seeking a Litigation/Transactional Legal Secretary to join a Chicago-based law firm with a national practice in downtown. The secretary will support attorneys with legal and administrative tasks, which include transactional work, document management, document filing/recording, scheduling, and other special projects. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, collaborative, and adaptable. The salary is budgeted to 75k with benefits, paid OT, and WFH flexibility. Responsibilities include:
- Prepares, edits and formats legal documents, including closing documents, signature pages and binders
- Prepares legal documents and correspondence from draft
- Prepare and submit document for recordings in various counties
- E-Filing court documents
- Manages attorneys’ calendars, coordinates remote and in-person meetings, reserves conference rooms, light docketing, and other scheduling
- Enters attorney time in billing system
- Prepares forms for expense reports, check requests, etc.
- Requires high school diploma or GED and at least 5 years transactional legal experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires strong multitasking skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe
- Experience with document management software
- A professional demeanor, with excellent communication skills - written and verbal • Knowledge of e-filing and Illinois court procedures (federal and state) a plus
For immediate consideration, please email a copy of your resume to jeremy.dinkin@roberthalf legal com
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5592. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.