Music and Arts
Are you a people person who loves solving problems? Do you love music? Do you believe in the power of music to bring people together? If you do, and you want to be a key player in an organization whose purpose is to fill the world with more music and to develop generations of new musicians then we have a position where you can find your sound.
We are looking for music educators to join our Music Education Services department! This role will provide music instruction at local schools. Ideal educators will have a passion for teaching music and a high level of energy.
Essential Functions (not all-inclusive):
- Teach music classes in schools both in group settings and in one-on-one settings based on contracts with each school. Class sizes vary from a few students to over 50 kids.
- Use recruiting tools, set up instrument testing events, recruitment nights, and other programs to entice kids at a school to join the band/orchestra program. This may require on-site activities after school hours.
- Prepare lesson plans, curriculum and benchmarking for all students, report on the progress of students against those benchmarks via progress reports and report cards. Benchmarks for each instrument and experience level will be provided.
- Maintain quality relationships with school administration and principals to secure schedules for classes, notify schools of changes to classes or schedules, and notify the office if students are not attending or have other issues in class.
- Coordinate concerts, solo & ensemble activities, and other events and performances to engage with students and parents.
- Work with retail store and education representatives to make sure students have the instrument and supplies necessary to be successful in class.
- Teach summer lessons and continuing education activity to students that wish to continue over the summer.
- Additional duties as assigned.
About Music & Arts
Music & Arts embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to create lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The first Music & Arts was located in a small house in Bethesda, MD and run by founder Benjamin O'Brien. When Music & Arts opened its doors in 1952, we offered printed music, music lessons, dance lessons, and art supplies. Ben decided shortly after opening his business that he wanted to focus on music to better serve his customers -- a decision that remains intact to this day.
Since the 1990's, Music & Arts has expanded nationwide through organic growth and a series of acquisitions and mergers with other music dealers. In 2005, Music & Arts joined forces with American Music to become the largest band and orchestra instrument retailer in the United States. Based in Frederick, MD, Music & Arts is now part of the Guitar Center enterprise and comprises 225+ retail stores, 200+ educational representatives, and 250+ affiliate locations.