Electro- Mechanical Technician
Newly Weds® Foods
2nd and 3rd shift available- Starting Rate $30/hr
The Mechanic will perform preventative maintenance & emergency repairs to all production machinery, striving to improve equipment reliability & glove quality, as part of the maintenance team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work on vertical baggers, ( Hayssen & Matrix ) , Tanney & Langdon cartoners, ink jet printers, and packaging equipment.
- Knowledge of bulk flour systems. ( Transfer blowers, air-locks, divertor valves, sifters, etc ) .
- Knowledge of industrial ovens, proofers, conveyors, dryers, etc.
- Fill out daily log reports, emergency breakdown reports, work orders, and communicate with incoming shifts.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment as scheduled.
- Ability to work on low voltage and 120-480vac equipment, starters, motors, vfd's, sensors, controllers, photo-eyes, etc.
- Install, debug and stabilize plant equipment as required.
- Read schematics and blueprints in order to interpret, diagnose, and troubleshoot electrical issues to properly and safely repair.
- Perform repairs and upgrades of the machinery and equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Support installations, analysis and acceptance of new electro mechanical equipment.
- Repair and calibrate hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies metal detectors, and scales.
- Test the performance of electro-mechanical assemblies, using test instruments
- Fabricate guards using measuring devices, cutting tools and welders. ( stick & tig )
- Read and interpret HMI panels to troubleshoot production line faults.
- Install electronic parts and hardware, using soldering equipment and hand tools
- Operate, test, and maintain robotic equipment
- Assist in Production/Maintenance related assignments as needed.
- Communicate issues and problem solve with Production staff any quality and safety concerns.
- Perform electrical and distribution lock out/ tag out method steady with customary safety protocol
- Facilitate to ensure all electro and mechanical safety requirements.
- Participate in overtime assignments as required.
- Provide "on call" coverage as needed.
•Associates Degree in Maintenance Technology field, Electro Mechanic, and or equivalent Education, Experience and Training.
•1-5 years manufacturing experience preferred.
•Thorough knowledge of Maintenance jargon, Maintenance Best Practices Knowledge; OSHA, safety, etc.
•Proven ability to work in a team environment
•Working knowledge of GMP, OSHA and Production needs.
The job is performed in production areas where the person will be exposed to strong aromas, airborne dust particles emanating from ingredients being used, both hot and cold environments due to production ovens and outdoor equipment, also working from heights of up to 60' while working on flour silos and will be in the presence of or otherwise operating machinery.
Newly Weds Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Newly Weds Foods will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States without assistance or support from Newly Weds Foods. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.