Senior Associate General Counsel - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As part of the Data, Technology and Digital Health legal team at Optum, this attorney will serve as business counsel to the Optum Technology organization. The successful candidate’s duties will include supporting technology transactions, data governance, digital health initiatives and cybersecurity operations. The successful candidate will work in a team-oriented, results-driven practice group that focuses on issues at the intersection of law, technology, and healthcare.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as business counsel for the Optum Technology organization
- Provide legal support for transactional matters, such as software licenses, cloud computing arrangements, collaboration and joint development agreements, supply agreements, equipment purchase and lease agreements, mobile app development agreements, offshore sourcing arrangements, and IT services agreements
- Negotiate data licensing and use agreements, including with universities and academic medical centers
- Provide legal support for new product development and data governance activities
- Counsel business leadership on strategic technology initiatives
- Draft and negotiate complex commercial agreements and related documents
- Participate in and lead resolution of technology-related disputes
- Provide legal support to Optum accessibility teams
- Collaborate closely with colleagues across UnitedHealth Group, including with Optum and UnitedHealthcare, Enterprise Sourcing & Procurement, the Enterprise Information Security group, privacy teams, and OptumInsight businesses
- Provide training and support on legal issues and developments
- Manage outside counsel
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Juris Doctorate degree
- 7+ years of transactional legal experience, preferably including the negotiation and drafting of technology contracts
- Ability to manage, handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to effectively advocate / problem-solve as necessary to obtain desired outcomes and meet regulatory requirements
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting with other attorneys and business staff of multiple levels; ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Poise and confidence necessary to deal with senior lawyers and business leaders
- Ability to identify issues and offer proactive, timely advice and follow through to resolution
- Presentation creation and delivery skills, including experience with PowerPoint, Excel, and other standard tools
- Current admission to a U.S. state bar
- Direct experience with privacy and data licensing matters
- Law firm and in-house experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Associate General Counsel, Juris Doctorate, Legal, Regulatory, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work from home, Work at home