Financial Reporting Accountant
Creative Financial Staffing
Well-respected dynamic financial services firm is seeking a Financial Reporting Accountant. Great opportunity looking to expanding their accounting skills.
ABOUT THE COMPANY Why work for us?
- Voted top places to work in Chicago
- Great time to join company, very exciting atmosphere as they continue to grow
- Good environment/culture/ accounting team is very close
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Great benefits and compensation package
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT
- Assist with month end close, compiling and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Prepares quarterly and annual financial statements for the affiliated broker dealer
- Drafts Footnote disclosures and management discussions and analysis for regulatory reporting
- Assist in the timely preparation of reports and financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and performance standards.
- Record and respond to partner and client inquiries resolving exceptions related to accounts.
- Assist with preparing annual budget
- Cash forecasting
- Prepares, reviews and maintains documentation and testing of controls over financial reporting, as assigned.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Assist in the implementation of a new analytical/reporting rool
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- BS in Accounting
- 1-3 years experience
- Workday experience a plus
- Strong excel skills
- Great communication, eagerness to learn, positive attitude