Manager, Environmental Health & Safety
G&W Electric Co
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Manager, Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) is responsible for developing and executing the environmental, health and safety strategic operating direction for G&W Electric Company. This role is also responsible for monitoring and developing appropriate EHS programs and taking a consultative and influential approach to driving the overall Safety culture while contributing to the financial stability of the organization by successfully reducing risk, and proactively pursuing accident prevention.
- Ensure that the site is in compliance with company, state and federal OSHA requirements, as well as all applicable company and regulatory environmental-related requirements and policies.
- Work with Site Management to develop a safety culture and ensure it is our number one priority.
- Maintain data of all safety key performance indicators (KPIs), and lead key initiatives that continuously improve these metrics.
- Lead the ISO 14001 certification efforts, audits, and actions in collaboration with the G&W ISO coordinator.
- Manage safety program and all committees, review incident reports, inspection reports, OSHA logs, and related documentation. Perform Hazard Mapping, Job Hazard Analysis and/or Cell Risk Assessments and Safety Walks as necessary and follow through to ensure completion of actions.
- Interface with Insurance Brokers, Carriers and the G&W Risk management department for property protection, worker's compensation and pollution liability.
- Manage development of training programs as required by G&W Electric corporate policy or regulation. Monitor training program performance to ensure that all required training is completed in the required timeframe.
- Approve all environmental remediation activities.
- Provide consultation regarding employee health and welfare, orientation/training in environmental health and industrial safety procedures; provides advice and counsel on all changes in government policies and regulations.
- Manage emergency response activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in environmental health, industrial hygiene, and/or safety administration.
- Safety management experience in a related industry.
- Knowledge and experience implementing HSE Management systems and their deployment (ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, etc).
- Worker's Compensation and insurance program management.
- Strong Change Management, coaching and hands-on skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple projects running simultaneously.
- CSP / CIH / CHMM certification preferred.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- Lift up to 35lbs. on an occasional basis floor to waist.
- Carry up to 35 lbs. on an occasional basis up to 25 feet.
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor