Capacity Management Specialist 27087
One of the largest health insurers in the nation is focused on continuously building an industry-defining, world-class IT capability. Healthcare is forever evolving, especially due to emerging technologies, making this a great experience to add to your resume. Come join their winning team!
This contract to hire role as a Capacity Management Specialist in Chicago, IL is responsible for creating and maintaining process information for IT processes, including mapping and measuring business objectives to IT capacity management strategies and outputs. This role is remote until a return to work is established.
• Creating and maintaining process information for IT processes, including mapping and measuring business objectives to IT capacity management strategies and outputs.
• Drives conversations with IT and business partners to define capacity requirements, forecasts, growth models, agreed upon capacity action points, create process flows and IT capacity metrics to measure success.
• Supports IT Service Operations functions and reporting of various ITIL process area metrics, including Configuration, Knowledge, Incident, Problem, Asset and Service Request, and primarily IT Capacity Management.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years in Information Technology OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 4 year Information Technology experience OR 6 years Information Technology experience, with 1 years in ITIL Process role.
• Experience with ITIL v3.
• Experience with SaaS ITSM Suite of tools such as ServiceNow.
• Experience with IT Asset Management and CMBD Integration.
• Experience with IT standards, procedures, policies.
• Familiarity with HIPAA, COBIT, ITIL, CMMI and other process standards.
• Customer relationship management.
• PMO structures, processes, and methods.
• Experience with demand / consumption management.
• Experience with implementing IT capacity management strategies.
Preferred Job Requirements:
• Broad working knowledge of IT technology performance-capacity metrics & IT performance monitoring tools.
• Oral & written communications.
• Problem solving / analytical skills, tools and techniques.
• Process engineering and re-design.
• Teamwork and collaboration.
• Adaptability / ability to manage change.
• Problem solving / analytical thinking with a results oriented focus.
• Conflict management.
• Navigating organizational politics.
• Teamwork and collaboration.
• Knowledge of capacity management tool’s administration of BMC TSCO and other performance monitoring tools Dynatrace, & SolarWinds.
• SQL and API based data integration working knowledge and basic Linux administration skill sets.
Solving IT is pleased to offer a rich benefit plan to our W2 employees. We offer five health plan options and a PPO dental plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Term Life/AD&D Insurance, and 401(k) Savings Plan. Solving IT subsidizes the health and dental premium for the employee.
As you continue to develop your skills and experience, Solving IT will work with your changing preferences to match you with rewarding projects. Our unrivaled reputation for quality is demonstrated through our Inavero Best of Staffing award that was won due to the feedback from our own clients and candidates. We also love to socialize and have fun so we have regularly scheduled parties and events for you to unwind and network with fellow consultants.
Whether you are searching for your next challenge or just looking to stay on top of market trends, Solving IT is committed to help position you appropriately. By leveraging the latest market and compensation data available, you can rest assured that you are getting more than just an informed opinion. You are getting the Solving IT Experience.