Senior Cost Accountant
Creative Financial Staffing
Our client, well-respected manufacturing company is seeking a Senior Cost Accountant to join their growing Accounting and Finance department. Great opportunity to join a company going with excellent leadership.
Why Work for the Company:
- Fantastic culture + profit sharing
- People development- big on developing their people and promoting from within (this role is open due to internal promotion)
- Great work life balance
- Opportunity to make this role your own
- Impressive tenure and really takes cares of their employees- people stick around for a reason
- Great leadership!
Responsibilities and Duties of the Senior Cost Accountant
- Assist with financial reporting and analysis: standard costs, capital projects, cost savings programs, month-end closings, working capital management and other related initiatives / activities.
- Assist with month end close activities
- Analyze gross margin
- Cost valuation of products in inventory for accuracy
- Analyze capital expenditures to optimize resource allocation.
- KPI preparation and analysis.
- Work with the annual auditors to complete all audit work in cost and inventory.
- Assist with conducting year-end inventory.
- Assist with implementation of new reporting system
- Adhoc projects
Qualifications and Skills of the Senior Cost Accountant:
- B.S. in Accounting
- 2+ years accounting experience
- Manufacturing experience