Chief of Staff
The Chief of Staff represents a key role on the executive leadership team, responsible for enabling COMPANY’s CEO to drive growth, strategy and vision for the organization. The individual in this role will leverage their holistic view of the healthcare industry and background in creating value for stakeholders to ensure the mission and the purpose of the organization is prioritized and that we have the best people working effectively to achieve that purpose.
So Who is COMPANY
COMPANY runs the nation’s leading network for health systems unlocking the power of digital technologies in everything they do. We guide a growing roster of over 40 health system Network Members—including major academic medical centers, large integrated delivery networks, and community hospitals—to create the efficient, effective health system their families and communities want, and their payers demand. And we are expanding into new Industry segments, such as Children’s Hospitals, Payors, and Provider-based Plans, with contracts already in place to market test expansion opportunities.
COMPANY Network Members trust us to help them create and execute concrete plans to accelerate their future-readiness. Here’s how we do it:
• We relate their strategic challenges, plans and goals to Digital Capability Roadmaps.
• We identify digital solutions and companies that match key capabilities Members share the need to create or improve.
• We enable the group dynamic that leads to smarter investments in capabilities with thoughtful business cases and solution implementation plans.
• We help them build Innovation Capacity – the ability to govern and manage their own work better, implement technology-enabled capabilities, and operate digital assets--leading to a more automated delivery system, faster.
• We support successful implementations (the hardest part of making digital actually work), through the power of the network by curating best practices, facilitating user groups, providing tools to align stakeholders, and benchmarking results.
• We deliver our work on a proprietary platform that’s purpose-built for innovation teams to build and manage their enterprise-wide digital portfolios.
• We cross-pollinate, sharing learnings and outcomes among Members across the Network.
COMPANY’s model creates a unique opportunity to frame “what good looks like” for an entirely new class of assets--digital solutions--and influence the next decade of investments being made by the most influential and iconic health systems.
Your Zone of Genius will be…
• Supporting the CEO in the execution of critical strategic and operational initiatives and other key business priorities, with insight, organization, execution, and accountability
• Optimizing the CEO’s reach across the organization, by keeping pulse, transferring knowledge and connecting the dots across functions.
• Building, developing and supporting relationships with key stakeholders internally and key partnerships externally.
• Maintaining a pulse on the organization and offering troubleshooting support as needed.
• Working with senior leaders to prepare and develop executive level deliverables, including but not limited to the Executive Leadership Team, Board Members and external stakeholders.
• Owning targeted workstreams as applicable.
• Bachelor’s required, advanced degree preferred
• 10+ years of experience in a business leadership, executive management or operations role
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven success in a fast-paced, environment, ideally in a professional services or innovative healthcare services business
• High ethical standards and values, as well as the ability to maintain confidentiality
• Exceptional critical thinking, judgment and problem-solving skills
• Comfortable working both autonomously and collaboratively with colleagues
• Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment that requires adaptability, comfort with ambiguity, intrinsic motivation and intellectual curiosity
• Willingness to travel as needed