About the role
The Demand Planner will be responsible for delivering accurate demand plans to support seasonal spikes in demand, promotions, new product introductions, and partners with a broader cross-functional team to optimize customer service. This will be completed by playing an active role in the monthly Integrated Business Planning (IBP) Process or Sales and Operations Planning Process (S&OP) and through the Collaborative Planning, Forecasting, and Replenishment (CPFR) process. In addition, the Demand Planner will balance operating costs and inventory while supporting the execution of corporate business objectives and strategies.
What you will do
- Develop global demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Participate in monthly Demand Review meetings with Business Unit & Sales Leaders as part of Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process by preparing, reviewing recommended sales forecasts and inventory goals (emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, and promotions).
- Engage directly with customers through Collaborative Planning, Forecasting, and Replenishment (CPFR) process.
- Transfer consensus Demand Plan to Supply Planning Leader as part of IBP process.
- Review Master Data to determine correct inputs and analyze forecast accuracy based on historical sales trends, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models and evaluate forecast results to develop accurate forecasts.
- Collaborate with Customers, Sales, Business Unit Leaders, and Finance to reconcile significant forecast variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.*
- Evolve and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
- Prepare, report, and communicate forecast and inventory measurements to management (forecast accuracy, Inventory Quality Ratio (IQR), inventory plan vs.targets).*
- Conduct SAP maintenance to include new product/distribution set up, proportional factor maintenance, discontinuing items, create forecast profiles in ERP/GIB and maintain profile assignment documents.*
- Utilize Excel to run BW reports and import SAP data in performing ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Partner with Supply Planning Team to discuss key in-stock and inventory issues, focus areas for the week and extended timeframes.
What we are looking for
This position requires an individual with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Business, or related field.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of SAP-ERP and Microsoft Office Knowledge of GIB or other forecasting software preferred.
- Experience including knowledge of best practice demand forecasting techniques, Integrated Business Planning (IBP)/Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP/SIOP), Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment (CPFR) with customers, integrated supply chain management concepts, up and down stream supply chain variability
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- APICS or other forecasting Certification preferred
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and Customer Service skills are required.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and
- Financial acumen, passion to drive continuous improvement
- Proficient in demand planning and inventory management practices and definitions such as MAPE, Forecast Bias, Safety Stock, Fill Rate, Carrying Cost, and other Key Performance Indicators
General office conditions apply. Sitting, standing, very little lifting (less than 10% of the time and no more than 20 lbs). Good lighting and no special vision requirements, although employees may spend significant amounts of time in front of a computer. Quiet conditions. No exposure to outside, extreme weather, or hazardous conditions.
Additional Information* Duties and responsibilities considered to be essential functions of the position.**EEO/Affirmative Action Employer #CB
Who we are
HuFriedyGroup is the dental industry leader in infection prevention solutions, premium instrumentation, and service and support programs that help dental professionals be the best in practice. As the dental division of Cantel, HuFriedyGroup encompasses a vast array of brands and products, integrated together to deliver full service and support – a complete circle of protection – to dental practices around the globe. We are dedicated to employee engagement and development, diversity and inclusion, wellness, and social responsibility. Our core values and well-defined culture are evident in daily life at HuFriedyGroup and continue to shape the success of our business. Please visit us at www.hu-friedy.com