Lead Pharmacy Technician - Full Time
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
The Lead Pharmacy Technician will assist in processing medication and prescription orders ensuring that medications are promptly and safely delivered to patients. Checks and receives drug purchase orders, delivers medication to nursing units and conducts cassette exchange.
The Lead Pharmacy Technician will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Lead Pharmacy Technician will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
Lead Pharmacy Technician will:
- Oversee compounding activities including training, preparation, documentation, cleaning, and inventory management.
- Oversee routine drug inventory activities including Carousel cycle count, floor stock inspections, and controlled substance perpetual inventory as directed. Assist purchaser with maintenance of outpatient, spasticity, and emergency medication inventories.
- Assist pharmacists with review of new admission medication profiles.
- Assist Pharmacy Director and Pharmacy Operations Manager in quality initiatives.
- Interview applicants for pharmacy technician positions and provide oversight of training activities and documentation.
- Dispenses medication to fill prescription requests for inpatient Unit Dose Cassettes and Shirley Ryan AbilityLab sites of care.
- Prepack tablets, capsules, and liquids under the supervision of a Registered Pharmacist and according to policy.
- Prepare and deliver injections and I.V. admixtures.
- Order medications and supplies from wholesalers and other pharmaceutical sources, inspecting incoming merchandise for accuracy.
- Monitor stock for expiration dates, preparing returns for outdated drugs to wholesalers and manufacturers for credit.
- Maintain cleanliness of the Pharmacy and equipment.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.