Principal Project Manager
DescriptionAt Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Plan and manage resources, finances, scope and services within a functional area of Information Technology to deliver business results. Provide IT products, services and solutions on time, within budget and with the required functionality. Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with clients. Participate in developing and implementing strategy/policy. Manage large-scale projects of high complexity, size and change management risk.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead and manage IT staff and resources in accordance with IT Business Plan. Plan and manage scope, schedule, and budget for defined deliverables in accordance with IT project management standards. Develop project requirements, budgets and schedules, facilitate requirements meeting. Establish milestones, anticipate issues and monitor adherence to project s cope, requirements and design document, schedules. Maintain project documentation.
- Lead and manage IT projects and associated system integrators to deliver projects of medium to high complexity. Ensure that the project is completed on time and within budget and that all deliverables are of the highest quality.
- Operate utilizing standard processes as defined within the Management Model. Oversee process improvement efforts and ensure adoption of standard processes and procedures that deliver sustainable top quartile cost and performance levels.
- Establish, maintain, and enhance relationships with business and IT partners. Communicate status to key stakeholders on a regular basis, escalate risks as appropriate.
- Maintain current business knowledge/acumen, including application of technology solutions to deliver business results.
- Evaluate performance and provide coaching for IT personnel. Participate in career development and succession planning processes. Promote diversity and foster teamwork, collaboration, and a learning organization. Provide input on development and retention processes for IT employees.
- Total Staff Managed: 5 to 20 (direct, indirect, and project team)
- Utilize understanding of customer's business needs to determine requirements and help set direction.
- Determine and helps others learn appropriate theories, practices and principles that relate to their skill set portfolio and related sciences and disciplines.
- Make judicious decisions in familiar and new situations and contributes to strategic decisions.
- Represent business client’s perspective with IT team
- Dimensions: Span of control (generally 10), level of budget control, technical/business complexity, risk, criticality of assignment to business
- Budget Management specific to area of accountability.
- Operate independently with little or no supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and at least 8 years experience in area of technical specialty; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Appropriate technical skills.
- PMP required
- Strong knowledge of business practices and processes in area of specialty
- Experience leading and managing IT projects or sub-teams and knowledge of IT project management.
- Experience leading and managing technical personnel.
- Strong judgment and excellent analytical ability.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of IT and business management and with vendors.
- Graduate degree
- Project Management certification other than as may be required by job focus.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster