Abraxas Youth & Family Services
Facility: WOODRIDGE INTERVENTIONS
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Woodridge Interventions is seeking a part-time Custodian to work at our at our Woodridge, IL facility.
Pay is $13.50 p/h
Schedule: Monday thru Friday
Minimum Age Requirement: 21 years of age
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
Responsible for cleaning of all rooms throughout the building in order to maintain a clean, sanitary and orderly environment, and for a variety of other housekeeping services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Dust, mops, wet mops and waxes all uncarpeted areas as needed.
- Vacuums all carpeted areas as needed.
- Collects trash in all rooms and deposits it in the dumpster daily.
- Cleans and polishes furniture throughout the building, including daily care of key areas like reception.
- Clean and sanitize all bathrooms throughout the building daily.
- Washes bathroom walls and ceilings as necessary.
- Cleans glass and blinds as needed.
- Washes all lighting fixtures once a year, or more if necessary.
- Sweeps and maintains exterior of building, including removing snow and spreading salt in winter when required.
- Maintains constant supply of consumables in all bathrooms.
- Changes furnace filters as required.
- Performs minor boiler or other building maintenance as required, after proper training.
- Places all boxes, equipment, furniture, etc. in proper location upon request.
- Assembles furniture and equipment when necessary.
- Paint wall, doors etc. when necessary.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years janitorial or housekeeping experience.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.