Newly Weds® Foods
The Purchasing Auditor is responsible for performing, reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating audits to ensure accuracy and compliance. The Purchasing Auditor helps ensure that plant purchasing departments are functioning at a high level. The Purchasing Auditor directs the coordination of raw material planning of major sales account activity and serves as back-up to plant Purchasing Manager. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Conducts audits of plant purchasing practices for efficiency and compliance with corporate guidelines, including but not limited to reviewing monthly excess and write-off reports, reviewing random purchase history for best practices, and monitoring compliance with company goals.
- Analyzes monthly plant inventory reports, payable discrepancy reports, and/or missed ship date reports.
- Functions as corporate liaison to Newly Weds Foods plants. Trains plant Purchasing Managers in corrective measures as noted in their respective audits. Trains new hires/ acquisition staff.
- Administrative function includes editing /updating purchasing manuals and procedures, maintaining the Purchasing Document Library and Database, and assisting with the organization of Conferences.
- Plans new major domestic account promotions, product introductions, and large plant transfers. Incumbent has buying responsibilities of minor categories and coordinates raw material requirements.
- Functions as back-up to a plant Purchasing Manager as required.
- Work collaboratively cross-functionally.
- Performs other duties/special projects as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of five years' experience in Purchasing or related discipline.
- Strong communication, analytical abilities, organization skills, and strong knowledge of Adobe applications, Microsoft 0ffice, and Lotus Notes.
- Background in a manufacturing system preferred.
- General office setting and must be willing to travel; typically 3 - 5 business days domestic and international every 2 months or as directed.
- Periodic exposure to: (1) loud environment, (2) airborne particles with stronger odors associated with spicy food ingredients.
Newly Weds Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans