Vice President of Operations
Be Part of Building Something Great
Talkiatry is solving the mental health crisis in our community by building a psychiatric practice that addresses the unique needs of psychiatrists and insurers. The result? We are growing rapidly because psychiatrist prefer our practice model.
Patients benefit too. Through our technology enabled intake process we match patients with the clinician most able to treat their condition so they can feel better faster. We also make mental health care more accessible by offering convenient appointment times and accept insurance--things that are a huge challenge for patients today.
Talkiatry is experiencing tremendous growth due to patient demand and is seeking a Vice President of Operations. You will report to the Chief Operating Officer and be instrumental in creating the ideal setting for psychiatrists to practice medicine. We will know that we have succeeded when our physicians become evangelists for our practice model, referring their colleagues because they cannot imagine practicing psychiatry anywhere else.
As an operational leader, you will influence culture and manage process and people that support patients, care delivery, and quality. Process improvement is baked into your DNA and you thrive in fast-paced, growth-oriented organizations. You are a teambuilder and coach. Developing and managing high performing teams and investing in our people, helping them achieve more than they thought possible.
As a leader and role model for the organization you model transparency and maintain the highest standards for integrity, accountability, performance, and teamwork.
To be Successful at Talkiatry, You Will Manage:
- Our operating culture by assuring departments follow a disciplined management process to deliver results and consistent, high levels of service to all stakeholders
- Each department by developing performance management systems grounded in operational or clinical data that enables continuous improvement
- To assure a proactive, integrated, disciplined, and “no surprises” approach to running the business
- The creation of a frictionless practice environment for clinicians, ensuring they can focus on direct patient care
- Efficiency of clinical and non-clinical staff by designing workflows, processes and management systems to improve performance.
- Change by fostering strong, trust-based relationships with psychiatrists, department leaders, staff and executives across the organization
- Expense budgets, carefully projecting and stewarding the use of financial resources. You understand the P&L and how operational decisions drive revenue and expense
- Expansion of Talkiatry’s geographic footprint and service offerings by using effective planning, project management and team leadership. When necessary you engineer new processes to assure crisp execution of growth plans
You are Skilled at:
- Scaling and managing operations in a physician service organization experiencing hyper-growth
- Designing processes and building infrastructure to scale operations in organizations experiencing explosive growth
- Learning. You are a good student and intellectually curious. You seek to understand each functional department and its workflow
- Building quality systems and systems thinking. You have designed or reengineered processes and implemented them resulting in improved quality, reliability, or efficiency
- Leading physicians and clinical staff and are comfortable working closely with them on a day-to-day basis. Managing people and resolving conflict is second nature
- Managing multiple enterprise-wide projects. You are an expert planner, and prioritize to ensure you deploy limited resources against the highest and most important projects
- Leveraging the use of the electronic medical record to drive organizational performance, even better you have experience working with eClinical works
Job Requirements and Ideal Experience
- Seven years operational leadership of a physician services organization
- Experience optimizing care delivery and support functions through workflow and process design;
- Has used the EMR and practice management system to improve practice efficiency. Strong preference for candidates with eClinicalWorks experience
- Bachelor's degree required, Master of Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or Public Health highly preferred;