Procurement Engineer 3A
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Execute Procurement Engineering activities to support Plant Nuclear Operations to including determining technical procurement requirements utilizing the nuclear plant design basis to maintain configuration control.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Implement Procurement Engineering processes and programs that comply with Engineering design and technical specification requirements for Nuclear Power Plants.
- Support the Business Units' Emergency Response activities as assigned
- Analysis equipment utilized in nuclear plants and establish commercial grade dedication that complies with design, technical specification and code requirements.
- Perform evaluations that are completed in accordance with Nuclear Power Plant Engineering procedures; technical specifications; codes such as but not limited to ASME, ANS, ASTM, ANSI, IEEE, EPRI, ISA, NEI, and NERC; NRC regulatory requirements; Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO) good practices; and design basis requirements on:
- Technical evaluation
- Material classification
- Alternate replacement evaluation
- Reverse engineering analysis
- Shelf Life evaluations
- In-storage maintenance
Demonstrate proficiency in completion of multiple component evaluations.
Ability to self-manage assignments/tasks utilizing applied scheduling tools.
Demonstrate ability to provide timely and effective communication with affected site work groups, peers, vendors, and managers as required pertaining to all aspects of work being performed.
Provide support for Nuclear Oversight and Regulatory Audits.
- Reconcile equipment documentation to the ASME Code
- Determination of technical procurement requirements using the Nuclear plant design basis to maintain configuration control.
- Implement material classification, commercial grade dedication, technical evaluation, alternate replacement, shelf life.
Processing of special quality assurance documents, Reverse Engineering, ASME Code reconciliation, Non-Safety Related (NSR) requirements including augmented quality and bill of materials processes.
Obtain and maintain engineering qualifications defined in the Engineering Training and Qualification program for Nuclear Power Plants.
Implementation of Procurement Engineering processes and programs.
Demonstrated full proficiency in all aspects of Procurement Engineering related functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, science or related field with five (5) years’ experience
- Excellent PC and computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Passport, Hyperion)
- Excellent communicator, written and oral, with strengths in organization, planning and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong Print reading ability.
- Strong project management skills.
- Use and understand effective change management skills and strategies.
- Understanding of commodities, suppliers, market alignments and supply concepts and technical and non-technical clients.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster