Senior Ocean Export Coordinator
Position Description Summary:
Responsible for coordinating the export and movement of cargo for clients, including the management and distribution of documents and information related to the export function.
Provide customer support to all vendors, suppliers, agents and government agencies to facilitate the export objective while ensuring accurate accounting functions relating to the billing, distribution and collection of funds.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.
* Timely preparation of all required documentation (Letter of credit, Ocean Bill of Lading, Service Report Log, etc) for export functions.
* Ensure that export process is in compliance with company and industry quality assurance standards (ISO, Customs, etc.
* Issue statistical or detailed reporting for customers as requested.
* Maintain and update CMP, rate sheets, etc.
* Initial setup of export shipments.
* Preparation of sales credit and CMP check.
* Booking & coordination of most cost effective and efficient means to export goods within customers requirements.
* Data entry.
* Billing of services.
* Process and correct miscellaneous accounting issues.
* Ensure the customer is provided excellent service throughout the export process including quick response to inquiries and problem resolution.
* Close shipments and filing.
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is a senior level position.
Generally prefer 3-6 years of experience.
Good interpersonal skills required.
Knowledge of Word and Excel.
Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards including UCP500 and Incoterms .
Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Benefits Benefits MedicalWe offer a number of plans for a variety of health care services and supplies, including preventative care, inpatient and outpatient services and prescription drugs.
VisionThe option for separate vision coverage for eye exams, frames, and contact lenses.
DentalThe option for separate dental coverage to cover preventative major and basic dental services.
401(k)The company offers a pre-tax 401(k) contribution plan with a company match.
Direct DepositWe offer direct deposit to all employees.
HolidaysOn a calendar year basis, the Company pays all employees 6 major holidays, including New Year's Days, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, plus 4 floating holidays.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world.
A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference.
With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity