Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in Des Plaines, IL currently has an opportunity for a Senior Manager, Contracts & Pricing. The Senior Manager, Contracts & Pricing will be responsible for delivering sales/margin objectives by developing pricing strategies for all major customer channels, creating and managing contract programs consistent with overall pricing strategies, which ensure goal achievement while maximizing, and while assuring customer satisfaction. The Contracts and Pricing department has functional responsibility for the analytical support and pricing decisions for all contracts across all channels of the Abbott Molecular Business, which represents over $600MM in sales. The department also analyzes and manages contract compliance on all performance, rebate, and chargeback contracts. Also, this position is responsible for providing decision support systems to sales and marketing teams to enable management of businesses. Establishes policies and standards to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and monitors customer contracts. Provides direction on Americas area marketing strategies, national account contract, pricing strategies, and systems support. Business scope includes all products and all types of agreements.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system. Responsible for positively impacting the Abbott Molecular Division to achieve Sales and Margin goals for all products.
Primary functions under the direction of the Director of Commercial Excellence are:
- Work with marketing; finance; and legal to develop and implement pricing strategy, policy, and structure that maximizes profitable share gain and business growth.
- Develop the overall pricing strategy for all target accounts.
- Influence and guide National Account Management team and Sales Management team responsible for Health Systems, Reference Labs, Public Health, etc. to ensure individual account strategies are aligned with the overall strategy.
- Assess current contracting and pricing processes and develop improvements based on business needs and assessment of best practices across ADD, APOC, ADC, and external (includes contract life cycle management such as compliance to terms, proactive renewals, etc.).
- Lead the contract development process including analytical support, administration, and making pricing decisions for individual contracts representing 0.5 – 20.0MM in annual sales, which include multiple acquisition options, capital equipment sales, leasing, rental, and service options.
- Supports and participates with various sales organizations when required in direct contract negotiations for large/complex national and regional opportunities.
- Provide easy to use tools and high customer service levels to the sales organization to maximize productivity and facilitate negotiation and close of new business – monitor and report service levels including objective and subjective feedback.
- Manage validation of pricing, terms & conditions, and their implementation for individual and group contracts to insure compliance with established division policy and programs.
- Direct analytics and reporting to ensure customer contract compliance on all performance, rebate, and charge-backs; including comprehensive analysis of competitive pricing and implications on existing business.
- Provide leadership to maintain an environment that enables managing ongoing customer relationships regarding contract administration understanding and identifying customer needs and requirements.
- Maintain compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for developing/maintaining decision support systems that collect and synthesize sales data into knowledge to support management decisions regarding field-based transactions and processes; including monitoring for product diversion and customer audits.
- Establish and maintain policies and standards to ensure compliance with government regulations and GPO contract compliance; including coordinating efforts with internal and external legal counsel and other third parties.
- Develop and implement ongoing compliance training programs for all department personnel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 5+ years’ experience, preferably from the following: contracts & pricing, field sales, marketing or general business management.
- 2+ years’ experience leading, coaching, and mentoring professional staff.
- Requires strong balance of interpersonal and conceptual skills resulting from education and work experience. Information handled in this position is confidential and could affect competitive and legal situations.
- Ability to travel 10-15%.
- MBA or Master’s degree is preferred.
- Administrative, leadership, communication, project management.
- Experience with contracting and pricing and/or customer service, accounting/finance, information systems, marketing, and business management, sales, strong customer experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.