VP, Leasing Rail
CIT GROUP INC.
CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
The VP Leasing position is a direct calling sales position with the responsibility for originating new operating lease transactions, maximizing revenue on renewal of operating leases, and generating other financing opportunities in the freight transportation sector.
CIT Rail is headquartered in Chicago, IL. Location for this role can be Chicago or other locations east of Chicago with the ability to work remotely.
* Acting as the primary relationship manager for existing CIT Rail customer base within the territory to originate incremental rail operating leasing volume, maximize revenue on the renewal of existing leases, and liaison with CIT Rail Customer Service, Mechanical, and Financial Operations groups on all customer needs
* Generate new CIT Rail customers through direct calling efforts
* Work with CIT Rail Structured Finance Group to generate non-operating lease financing opportunities
* Knowledge of the freight/transportation industry
* Relationship based selling skills
* Ability to handle fast paced selling environment including management of internal needs
* Ability to work closely with and direct customer service representatives
* Undergraduate degree from four-year institution
* 15 years of overall experience in sales and/or sales management, including 10 years in US freight market
* Interpersonal effectiveness
* Written and verbal communication
* Detailed knowledge of North American freight car market
* Organization, detail orientation and accuracy
* Decision making
CIT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It is CIT's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to their race or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, citizenship, immigration status, age, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), actual or perceived gender, gender identity, gender expression or transgender (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), religion, creed, marital status, family status, domestic partnership or civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information or predisposition or carrier status (including testing and characteristics), status as a victim of domestic violence, actual or perceived status as a caregiver, military status and service, protected veteran status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, record of disability, medical condition, AIDS and HIV status, or any other protected characteristic established by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: