Senior Product Manager - ERAS and SSI Prevention
Medline Industries, Inc.
This position is currently working remote and flexibility will remain upon return to the office. This division and position will be moving from our current headquarters in Northfield, IL to a new Chicago loop location in the Spring of 2022.
It is a particularly exciting time to be a Senior Product Manager at Medline. The healthcare landscape is changing, and our customers are looking to us for solutions. As a Senior Product Manager, you are responsible for driving the growth of your product categories. You will collaborate with business units across the organization including Sales, Marketing, Operations, Inventory Management and Finance.
What makes product management different at Medline is your ability to run your product line as if it were your own business. Our leadership teams are passionate about their business and expect the same from you. Looking for visibility? You found it! If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking for ownership and a fast paced work environment, we've got it!
Make an impact at Medline!
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager for our Non-Sterile Kitting and Optimization portoflio!
What will you do?
- Own the business model for ERAS and SSI Prevention kits including product development, packaging development, pricing, building clinical support for ERAS programs, customer brand customization and fulfillment.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans and promotional programs for new and existing products to include product strategy development, pricing strategy, collateral creation, and brand management.
- Review monthly financial performance and determine contributing factors. Offer solutions to detrimental sales or cost trends. Prepare product forecasts to include revenue and expense expectations. Analyze sales trends over time and impact of competitive strategies. Support forecasts and budgets with appropriately detailed Marketing Plans.
- Work with Manufacturing and Purchasing to reduce Cost of Goods. Manage inventory by focusing on eliminating surplus and optimizing SKU count. May negotiate pricing with vendors for raw materials and finished goods. Coordinate materials with vendors and develop finished custom items.
- Develop and deliver training materials for internal stakeholders, sales forces and customers. Create sales tools.
- Understand customer and sales force needs via effective market research and translate that research into new products, product improvements, or line extensions by providing leadership to a multi-functional team.
- This position will have at least one direct report.
- Travel with sales force to support efforts to convert customers to purchase Medline products. Provide timely follow up to sales forces by answering product questions via e-mail and phone.
Why Medline? We'll let the numbers speak for us.
45+ years of consecutive growth (doubt-digit for the past 20)
20+ product divisions and counting
350,000+ products and counting
15,000 employees spanning the globe
100+ years in the industry. We know healthcare.
Ranked number 47 on Forbes' 2016 list of largest privately held companies in the U.S.
Conducting business in 90+ countries
Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential, a competitive compensation package, and a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; 401(k) with company match. And much more!
- Bachelor’s degree.
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 5 years experience in marketing, sales, product management or clinical practice in the healthcare industry.
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors and internal resources.
- Experience collecting and analyzing financial data.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).