Client Underwriting Consultant Senior
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
Primary focus of role to provide guidance and assistance to Account teams and clients by using financial decision making tools, conducting client facing meetings when appropriate, and to speak effectively on behalf of the underwriting team regarding core services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze data from carriers on complex clients and providing recommendations to account management teams or to clients in order to effectively negotiate rates and funding levels.
- Evaluate and present monthly, quarterly and annual reports that measure client financial status, track expenses by product line, renewal projections, funding levels and rates, etc. to the Account management teams and to clients when necessary.
- Evaluating, assigning, monitoring and peer review reports generated by underwriting team subordinates.
- Operates as a consultant to internal staff as well as clients, assisting clients with a range of complex issues and needs.
- Provides underwriting analysis services to internal staff and to clients according to their needs and strategic interests, assisting in retaining clients.
- Assists in the sales process through production of financial projections on large accounts and related underwriting analysis.
- Oversees coordination of and help conduct underwriting team training programs for staff / clients.
- Serves as a resource to branch office staff in order to contribute toward measurable ROI of services and retention of clients.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years experience with Broker or Carrier side with focus on Health and Benefits.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications and Microsoft Office.
- High degree of understanding of employee benefits funding mechanisms.
- Must be familiar with carrier reporting systems.
- Microsoft Excel expertise.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Detail oriented; strong analytical skills and good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must remain aware of new techniques and office procedures and be able to implement new or changing procedures with adequate instruction but minimal supervision.
- Must maintain favorable relationships with clients, vendors and other office staff.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.