As an employee-owned organization, we're growing and need talented people like you!
KI Industries, Inc., seeks a Materials Coordinator to join our growing company.
- You'll join a Best Places To Work organization; as named by both Crain's Chicago Business and Plastics News.
- KI is an employee-owned organization which means when the company is profitable, you share in that success.
- A culture that supports each other like a family and has fun while doing it!
- An opportunity to be a part of a growing organization.
The Materials Coordinator works as part of our Supply Chain team in proactively providing customer service to meet customer demand and on-time delivery.
- Secure both operational and logistical excellence for our customers
- Work within a cross functional environment and be proactive in establishing relationships with counterparts in marketing, sales, IT, logistics, accounting and other areas.
- Manage end to end supply chain solutions for monitoring stock control, inventory, forecasting, order management, warehousing and distribution activities.
- Manage all activities related to quoting, planning, ordering and delivery of product for service locations.
- Prepare and manage weekly ship schedules based on open order by due date to customers.
- Monitor SOP on new programs to ensure successful launch based on critical path time line considering production and transit lead times.
- Manage end-of-life programs/parts to reduce exposure of obsolete inventory.
- Focus on cost reduction
- Monitor and maintain safety stock agreements with customers.
- 4-year degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in materials management
- International supply chain and logistics experience required
- Sales and manufacturing process experience preferred
- Must be customer focused
- Excel skills are critical to success
About KI Industries:
KI specializes in working with OEM's to design and manufacture decorative plastic and die cast components for appliance, automotive and consumer products. We offer a broad range of molding technologies from gas assist, two shot, three shot and insert molding with painting, plating and PVD finish capabilities. Our global footprint allows us to serve customers around the world. We currently sell to customers in North America, Central and South America, Europe and Asia.
We believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive. Our workplace is a place where every employee can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of employees and applicants. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a veteran. We are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).