Vice President of Finance
Help At Home
Help at Home, LLC, is the nation’s leading provider of high quality care and support solutions. Our goal is to enable the highest level of personal independence and meaningful lives for our clients. Help at Home is committed to delivering a gold standard in care through our attentive and well-trained staff who support making it possible to keep people comfortably and safely within their homes and communities.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer of Home Care and Home Health, the VP, Finance position assumes a strategic role on the Finance team. The VP Finance will have responsibility for: financial planning and analysis, including budgeting and forecasting risk management, and board and management reporting. As a key member of the leadership team, the incumbent will be a hands-on, self-starter who brings strong finance, accounting, and related operational leadership and management skills.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Direct all aspects of financial planning & analysis, including preparation and presentation of annual budget, regular reforecasts, variance analysis, short, multiyear business plans, and various ad hoc plans pertaining to new business opportunities.
- Utilize analytical tools to deliver meaningful insights into business performance and recommend process enhancements. Work effectively with other departments in the development of budgets and forecasts, variance analysis
- Assess and implement appropriate tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Interact with executive leadership and owners (private equity and partners) on financial strategy and performance.
- Build and manage team of regional financial managers to support regional operational leaders.
- Develop and deliver internal and external reporting packages, including reporting to management, board, investors, lenders, and rating agencies.
- Continuously evaluate reporting packages for enhancements.
- Work with accounting team to ensure appropriate data is available in a timely and accurate manner to support reporting needs.
- Internal reporting:
- Manage regional and departmental operational and financial reporting.
- Working with executive and operational leadership, develop KPIs that effectively measure performance.
- Deliver analyses and support to operations and corporate departmental leadership to enable the team to effectively monitor performance and support timely decision-making.
- Make recommendations for actions based on analyses.
Cross Functional Support
- Support other internal teams, including Growth and Development, and Operations, in the assessment of the financial impact of potential initiatives.
- Support M&A in acquisition analysis, including: forecasts, synergy assessments, financing and tax implications related to transactions.
- Work with in-house counsel and to ensure appropriate types and levels of insurance coverage are in place.
- Continuously monitor risk events and compliance with insurance requirements.
- Manage relationships with insurance brokers and providers.
- Institute and manage processes and controls to reduce business, financial, and compliance risks.
- Build the function and effectively manage the performance of the team and motivate to ensure career progression, engagement and expertise for succession planning and for high-potential retention.
- Proven ability to manage a corporate financial planning and analysis function.
- Management of team in a high- growth ($1B) company, preferably one that is multi-state, multi-site.
- Collaborative style as a thought partner who works productively with the executive team.
- Presence and comfort presenting at executive, board, investor, and lender levels, coupled with peer group leadership and ability to relate to team.
- Process improvement experience supporting the development, review, and revision of processes and policies as needed.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in fast paced environment.
- Understanding and supporting mergers and acquisition activity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking and ability to support strategic transformation activities.
- Exhibition of the highest ethical standards while demonstrating accountability and ownership.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- CPA preferred.
- MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of corporate financial and management accounting experience with increasing responsibilities
- Experience in both PE-backed and public company environment preferred
- Experience in healthcare, healthcare services and/or private equity ownership preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Help At Home, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.