Vendor Relations Manager
Medline Industries, Inc.
Medline Industries has an immediate need for a Vendor Relations Manager, supporting our Distributed Products division! This role is currently remote due to Covid-19. The Vendor Relations Manager will oversee and manage a portfolio of branded suppliers to obtain best financial and operational position. This person will also serve as the primary liaison between the vendor and Medline.
- Negotiate agreements with vendors to achieve improved financial terms and conditions
- Build collaborative partnerships with vendors.
- Develop, sell, and implement marketing programs designed to sell more profitable products and deliver value and savings to Medline customers and sales reps.
- Create and implement innovative strategies to deliver incremental adjusted gross margin (AGM) to the division.
- Communicate and maintain vendor scorecards and manage vendor relationships towards achieving top level performance.
- Perform as the escalation point for all functional areas in the Distributed Products division working with the vendor to problem solve and mediate through challenges and opportunities as they arise.
- Respond to vendor related questions or issues for quick resolution.
- Plan and attend business reviews with vendors, healthcare industry and trade show events.
Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential, a competitive compensation package, and a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; 401(k) with company match. And much more!
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of marketing, product management or sales experience
- At least 2 years of experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and/or reconciling differences.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Relevant Work Experience
- Distribution operations, general healthcare market, and adjacent markets including but not limited to animal health, dental, medical technology and medical supply.