Graduate Environmental Engineer/Scientist
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Working with the Environmental Emergency Response (GHD FIRST) group as an Emergency Response professional based out of our Chicago, Illinois offices.
This position offers a variety of work and will see you involved in:
- Perform a wide variety of field duties for both routine/scheduled and emergency environmental projects to include: inspection, maintenance, monitoring, construction oversight, air monitoring, operating UAVs, and sampling efforts at the project site
- Conduct environmental sampling and monitoring for various media and contaminants of concern by following established procedures
- Be available for after hours response to attend environmental emergencies to perform field tasks.
- Prepare technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, work plans, and project specifications including cost estimates and budgets - Data compilation, reduction, interpretation, evaluation/comparison to environmental regulatory standards
What you will bring to the team:
- BS in Environmental Engineering or natural resource field (such as chemistry, biology, earth sciences, environmental sciences)
- Emergency response and environmental experience preferred
- Willingness to respond to call outs during non-routine working hours
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving abilities and aptitude
- Positive attitude, very strong interpersonal skills
- Experienced in emergency preparedness, air monitoring, environmental assessment/sampling, ICS, SCAT is a plus
- Conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
- Establishing and maintaining harmonious working relationships with superiors, co-workers and clients – effective collaborators are welcome
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet project timelines
- Self-motivated and willingness to work in a team in a fast-paced environment
- Must reside near our Indiana, Illinois, or Minnesota offices surrounding area
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.