Pharmacy Technician - Full Time, Days
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
The Pharmacy Technician will assist in processing medication and prescription orders ensuring that medications are promptly and safely delivered to patients. Checks and receives drug purchase orders, delivers medication to nursing units and conducts cassette exchange.
The Pharmacy Technician will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Pharmacy Technician will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Pharmacy Technician:
- Dispenses medication to fill prescription requests for inpatient Unit Dose Cassettes and Shirley Ryan AbilityLab sites of care.
- Prepacks tablets, capsules, and liquids under the supervision of a Registered Pharmacist and according to policy.
- Prepares and delivers injections and I.V. admixtures.
- Orders medications and supplies from wholesalers and other pharmaceutical sources, inspecting incoming merchandise for accuracy.
- Monitors stock for expiration dates, preparing returns for outdated drugs to wholesalers and manufacturers for credit.
- Maintains cleanliness of the Pharmacy and equipment.
- Performs all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.