Production Assistant Supervisor - 1st Shift Microwave - Full Time (Chicago - Racine)
Our team is made up of more than 20,000 employees in 18 countries. Join us and discover a work experience where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where you can learn and grow to your full potential. We believe that every person can make a difference. If you are looking to make a real impact in your career, OSI is the place for you.
Why join us?
In addition to the benefits you’d expect from an industry leader (401K, PTO, etc.) we also offer:
- Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
- Make a difference - We are proud to be partner with the Help Feed American Families Company, suppling food to non-profit organizations
Assistant Production Supervisor:
Provides on-the-job leadership and task supervision of assigned employees in a department or area of the plant. Acts in a capacity to extend the supervisory abilities of the immediate reporting supervisor in charge of the overall area.• Assigns employees to work stations and assigns individual tasks to employees where required.
• Be familiar with the equipment in the department.
• Trains employees, checks their work and corrects improper performance of tasks.
• Assists the Supervisor with the responsibility of meeting safety, quality, and production goals.
• Assists with the set-up, adjustments, and inspection of production and production equipment.
• Performs various pre-op and in-run checks daily or as scheduled.
• May locate supplies, check code dates and perform similar tasks to optimize scheduled production runs.
• Diagnoses production problems that occur in a variety of areas including quality, line supply, mechanical down-time and initiate corrective action.
• Complete reports, maintain production records or enter operating data into system input points, as required.
• Ensures work area is kept clean and sanitary.
• Follow GMP’s and make sure employees are following GMP’s.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Some high school or equivalent experience
- Basic computer competency
- Knowledge of SAP
- 1 year of on the job experience with demonstrated understanding of process flow, quality, efficiency, safety and organizational requirements in the department assigned.
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.