Abraxas Youth & Family Services
Facility: SOUTHWOOD INTERVENTIONS
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under general supervision, prepares large quantities of a variety of food including meats, fish, poultry, gravies, cereals, soups, vegetables and other foods. Uses various methods of cooking and seasoning and adheres to proper preparations methods.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Cooks food as directed in the operational menu plan for the facility food service operation. Ensures recipes are extended to the facility population requirements. Maintains accurate production records.
- Directs work, provides training, and performs inspections of work performed by detainee food service staff.
- Prepares meals according to scheduling and sanitation standards. Ensures the quality assurance of all foods and supplies.
- Ensures adherence to special diets and allergen lists.
- Responsible for placing orders for food and supplies as assigned by management. Checks in deliveries and takes inventory of food and supplies as required.
- Ensures the sanitation and safety program is actively practiced in all areas of the department.
- Assists management in maintaining a high-level of good client relations.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High school diploma or GED.
- One (1) year prior experience in food preparation obtained in commercial, military, or institutional setting preferred.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.