Senior Investment Research Analyst
Marsh and McLennan
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs.
Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Chicago, IL or Minneapolis, MN office:
Senior Investment Research Analyst
What can you expect?
- Will have access to brightest Fixed Income Managers in the country. You will have the opportunity to attend meetings with Investment Managers. You can see how senior members interact with the Investment Managers and given the opportunity to debrief with your team to grow your own skill set.
- Will have the opportunity to work on a team of approximately 12. You will work and train with senior members who will mentor you along the way.
- Will have on the job training and be able to accelerate your career. You have the opportunity to directly influence the pace of your learning.
What is in it for you?
- Work for a global company with excellent benefits and a dynamic culture.
- Have competitive vacation/personal days in addition to holidays and volunteer days.
- Mercer offers tuition assistance and this Chicago location offers you the ability to apply to 2 of the top MBA programs in the country.
We will count on you to:
- Assist fixed income manager researchers in gathering information about Investment Managers to help better enable evaluation of Investment Managers to identify those who are most capable of generating value for our client portfolios.
- Providing high level analytical support on a wide variety of products, markets and managers.
- Providing support to the research team in meeting the needs of clients – including analytics, strategic research etc.
- Coordinating work for one or more of the Rating Reviews Committees and ensuring integrity of ratings details on GIMD.
- Preparation and maintenance of manager research schedules and co-ordination of client commissioned research
- Attend manager research meetings and/or external conferences, in a support capacity, to help develop the candidates’ technical knowledge and personal development.
What you need to have:
- BA/BS degree in finance, economics, or other business-related areas having strong quantitative and analytical analysis.
- Up to 3 years of applicable experience.
- Solid analytical skills and attention to detail, ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities and work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong writing skills
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite
What makes you stand out:
- Interest in pursuing a CFA or MBA.
- Fixed Income or Capital Markets experience
- Programming experience (i.e. experience writing Macros)
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.